Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 what''s it worth?

Lots of nice parts there, although in some cases 3 out of the 4 you'd want.

Hard to value it as you don't know how knackered the bits are, what do people think would be a good price for it, 15k?

If the engine and gearbox are OK they are easily worth £15k. Other than that it looks like the value of a set of GT3 clocks, the seats (If you would trust them after the impact) and a front caliper :)

MC

There are a lot of maybes unless you can inspect it but if the following parts are working and structurally sound you're into the £20k's no problem.

Engine = £12000-£15000
Gearbox = £4000-5000
Seats, genuine nomex = £3k per pair
Rear wing = £1k +
Set of lights if Litronics = £500+
Wheels = £200+ each

Then there are all the small parts that add up, such as the rest of the interior, clocks, ECU, etc etc.

Only way the seats won't be salvageable will be if the drivers side floor is so crumpled it's bent the seats mounts and cracked the seats. If not then they'll be fine as that's not actually a huge smash. Certainly not enough to snap seat-backs or anything.

Brakes will be worth money, callipers, m/c etc, exhausts aren't available anymore new. GT3 carpets etc.

No mileage stated but my guess would be 20-22 ish

Subject to structural condition and engine; I'd have a go at straightening that out: fit a Cup steering wheel, carbon roof, a cage, some lightweight wheels... It would make for a cracking track car and if you are handy with the spanners could be very cheap. If I had the space I'd be making an offer for my next project

I cant see more that £22k in it but have seen worse go for more. I think some one will pay circa £25-28 so i am out

For the sum of parts i would happily pay £20k, sell the big items quick and then the rest would be gravy !

Yep, low mileage Clubsport with cage delete. Sold for £72k 18 months ago.

That's all "apparently" from someone I know who keeps a GT3 database, but there can't be many CS without the cage.

Get it bought Richard! :D

ELA said:
Subject to structural condition and engine; I'd have a go at straightening that out: fit a Cup steering wheel, carbon roof, a cage, some lightweight wheels... It would make for a cracking track car and if you are handy with the spanners could be very cheap. If I had the space I'd be making an offer for my next project

You can't use that car for anything other than parts being a CAT B write off.

They won't even sell it to anyone that does not have all the relevant paper work as it needs to be destroyed once all removable parts are stripped out.

The way they get round this is offering a service called BreakerBid4U and this puts bids on the car for you. If you win you have to pay them a fee for using their bidding facility which can be 5% of the hammer price... you don't remove the engine and gearbox yourself they do that part which I am not too happy about but it is what it is. You remove anything else you want.
£125 plus vat for the use of the breaker bay.

You have to also pay for recovery from the co-part facility to the breaker yard which is roughly £300-£600 depending on distance.
By the time you add the VAT into the equation and all those fees it gets very expensive and you only have one session to dismantle the car by the looks of it 9am-4pm.

It would need to be sub £15k to make it worthwhile....

I don't see profit or opportunity. I just see a lot of stress and hassle.

sportsandclassic said:
ELA said:

You can't use that car for anything other than parts being a CAT B write off.

They won't even sell it to anyone that does not have all the relevant paper work as it needs to be destroyed once all removable parts are stripped out.

The way they get round this is offering a service called BreakerBid4U and this puts bids on the car for you. If you win you have to pay them a fee for using their bidding facility which can be 5% of the hammer price... you don't remove the engine and gearbox yourself they do that part which I am not too happy about but it is what it is. You remove anything else you want.
£125 plus vat for the use of the breaker bay.

You have to also pay for recovery from the co-part facility to the breaker yard which is roughly £300-£600 depending on distance.
By the time you add the VAT into the equation and all those fees it gets very expensive and you only have one session to dismantle the car by the looks of it 9am-4pm.

It would need to be sub £15k to make it worthwhile....

Many thanks for this info:

On the official government website it states as you say above (body shell to be crushed but parts can be used...)
However on this website a CAT B can be reused but you may struggle to find Insurance:

"Category B write-offs represent serious damage to a vehicle which could include body or parts damage that is beyond repair and should not re-appear on the roads. However if the vehicle is of significant value & either financial or sentimental, then you may think it is worth repairing to make it road worthy once more."

I'd be looking to use it in Germany so perhaps it may be a little easier. I am seriously considering this car if the price is stupidly cheap. I don't see anything in the pictures that looks particularly difficult to fix. The fact

ENGINE WILL NOT START - REASON UNKNOWN
may be down to
NUMBER OF KEYS WITH VEHICLE 0

I'm quite interested, the boss will no doubt go ballistic at the mere thought of this project :grin: but it wouldn't be the first time she has had to deal with my somewhat weird fascination with the 996...

My mate is a salvage dealer and he's kept a good few Cat B things as whole cars over the years, for track use etc.

Might be a recent change that Mike is on about though. I'll ask my mate out of interest when I next see him.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back