Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Markski tuning

DJones

Hi guys

After doing some data logging I was concerned that my car was running lean with the 5bar fuel pressure regulator on standard injectors.

My car runs K16/26 turbos with GT2RS coolers, 1 bar Turbosmart wastegates with a 200cell Milltek exhaust. I got in touch, all via email with Markski tuning from Chicago. He too agreed it was running too lean and I opted to go back to a standard 3.8 fuel pressure regulator with EV14 750cc injectors.

Having fitted it all back together we got on to remapping the car, 8/9 tunes later followed by data logging back and forth the car feels fantastic and holds 1.4 bar from 3500 to the redline (well in this cold weather at least).

The point of this post is I've always been sceptical of remote tuning like this but I have to say the attention to detail from Markski tuning in doing this was quite incredible. Totally removing my fears and the car feels so much better than what was in it previously.

If it's something that you're considering don't be put off by the fact he's 3.5k miles away.

Cheers

Darren.

Attachments

• 03296859_5c8c_4e06_aba9_1f3f9ac47287_414.jpeg
    03296859_5c8c_4e06_aba9_1f3f9ac47287_414.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 2,702
WOW :eek:

That car looks like a diorama model in that picture 8)

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
WOW :eek:

That car looks like a diorama model in that picture 8)

:thumb:

Yeah it's some app my brother has, he sent the picture back like it...👍

How does he charge. Getting a few mods done on the turbo and was then going to tune. Be interested to know how he works with regard pricing

Jimbob2911 said:
How does he charge. Getting a few mods done on the turbo and was then going to tune. Be interested to know how he works with regard pricing

It's all on his web site, I just dropped him an email and agreed a price and I used PayPal.

I've been very tempted in the past - he often does Black Friday deals which are worth going for if you're not in a rush (maybe not at this point!)

Glad you had a good experience, I'll likely use him at some point

Did you receive the data logging computer and then send it back? That's the main reason I haven't gone for him - I believe you have to pay 350 for the computer?

Jay. said:
I've been very tempted in the past - he often does Black Friday deals which are worth going for if you're not in a rush (maybe not at this point!)

Did you receive the data logging computer and then send it back? That's the main reason I haven't gone for him - I believe you have to pay 350 for the computer?

Yes I use Durametric for data logging and the hand held flasher that you referred to for transferring the map from the email to the ecu.

Email data logs and a new tune comes back, load into the flasher and then load up to the car. All very simple.

Nogaro blue! 8)

Still miss my Noggy B5 RS4.

JS1500 said:
Nogaro blue! 8)

Still miss my Noggy B5 RS4.

Lol, I had a Noggy and an Avus B5 RS4 too, happy days

DJones said:
Jay. said:

Yes I use Durametric for data logging and the hand held flasher that you referred to for transferring the map from the email to the ecu.

Email data logs and a new tune comes back, load into the flasher and then load up to the car. All very simple.

Did you keep the flasher or send it back? I was a little confused when I spoke to him as he said it'd be 350 for the flasher then I'd send it back?

Jay. said:
DJones said:
Jay. said:

Did you keep the flasher or send it back? I was a little confused when I spoke to him as he said it'd be 350 for the flasher then I'd send it back?

No the flasher stays with you, it locks to your chassis number. You extract your original map and send the content back. The flasher is simply a device that carries the information from your pc to your car and vice versa but it remains yours. I've now got nine different maps with different boost levels including mafless tunes all held on the flasher. Take two minutes to change the map via the OBD2.

Markski a very good tuner for 996,997 and 991. Honest tuner with no smoke and mirrors - gets a thumbs up fro me :thumbs:

IMI A said:
Markski a very good tuner for 996,997 and 991. Honest tuner with no smoke and mirrors - gets a thumbs up fro me :thumbs:

He certainly gives it you straight, not to everyone's liking but I prefer it if I'm honest..

Beautiful car :worship:

What else have you done to your turbo to make it a GT2. I'm interested because I'm doing/done the same thing myself. There was a GT2 fuel tank on eBay a while back, I was tempted, but my fuel system makes use of the saddle tank and space underneath since going 2wd. Got a great deal on the GT2 handbrake and silver clocks though!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back