Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

Not yet. And how do I post a clip on here? More road testing in the rain tomorrow.

Ok. After a bit of head scratching (thanks to pins 12 & 13 on the switch pack being reversed vs the Porsche wiring diagram) I finally worked out the wiring and with a bypass on the circuit board, I finally got the Sport switch to activate the exhaust valves (GT3 style....kinda).

Road testing tomorrow.

Will post the DB test video soon.

With valves closed I did a DB test today. Approx 1 metre from the exhaust at 45 degrees.

https://youtu.be/YtSdVreclQE

Maxed out early at 102db. Very happy with that. Hopefully enough to pass 103/105 DB track day tests.

However, in Gundo 2" idiot mode. Well........

https://youtu.be/Pb8cbKhr0n8

Sounds incredible!!!!!

Hey guys, I am really exited to get this done on my 997.1 C2.

I was looking to get 2m pipe. Has anyone had this done who lives near slough. Would love to have a listen to it before I get it done. There is always that worry.

Also can anyone recommend where to get it done close to slough?

aaron johal said:

I was looking to get 2m pipe. Has anyone had this done who lives near slough. Would love to have a listen to it before I get it done. There is always that worry.

Aaron, the majority of people get the 1.5" bypass done to their exhausts and it sounds perfect. If you go to large, the sound could prove to be overbearing and possibly fail track noise regulations. I had mine done at PCW exhausts and the guy is really good. He takes great care in doing the job and has done hundreds. He even replaces any rusted bolts with brand new stainless steel items. I had mine done last summer and it sounds phenomenal, compared to how it was from factory. Anyone would think this is how the car originally came.

Sound clips don't do it justice. You have to listen to it for real. But trust me it is well worth it and will be the best upgrade you will ever do to your car. I just kicked myself for not doing it years ago! It truly makes driving the car that much more fun.

https://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/

Not heard a 2" mod, but I have the 1.5" done by PCW and appears to be a perfect balance.

chowgar said:
aaron johal said:

Aaron, the majority of people get the 1.5" bypass done to their exhausts and it sounds perfect. If you go to large, the sound could prove to be overbearing and possibly fail track noise regulations. I had mine done at PCW exhausts and the guy is really good. He takes great care in doing the job and has done hundreds. He even replaces any rusted bolts with brand new stainless steel items. I had mine done last summer and it sounds phenomenal, compared to how it was from factory. Anyone would think this is how the car originally came.

Sound clips don't do it justice. You have to listen to it for real. But trust me it is well worth it and will be the best upgrade you will ever do to your car. I just kicked myself for not doing it years ago! It truly makes driving the car that much more fun.

Thanks so much for the advice. I think your right. I really need to hear one in person. How much did they charge you do it?

chowgar said:
aaron johal said:

aaron johal said:
Thanks so much for the advice. I think your right. I really need to hear one in person. How much did they charge you do it?

chowgar said:
aaron johal said:

Sorry for the late reply. Paul charged me £250 for the complete job.

has anyone got the dimensions of the pipes needed for either gundo or the 'banana' pipe so that I can get them fabbed and take them to someone with a welder? or anyone who sells the pipes pre-bent etc??

never heard of the oettle hack. but the gundo hack has existed for 996/986 too, so i'd suggest that its different somehow.

got my gundo hack done last week with a centre muffler wrap hack (997.2) and it sounds amazing :). sooooo much better than stock

I had the gundo hack done on my 997.1 about 18 months ago. Sounds amazing and is particularly noisy on 1st start up then settles after a couple of minutes.

Unfortunately it looks like the welding of the additional tubes has not done the silencers any good and both now have large cracks in the original welds (not the hack welds). As a result this failed the MOT emissions test so rather that get another exhaust then having the hack done I'm fitting the Topgear Valved Cat Back Exhaust. It sounds amazing on 'noisy ' setting, see latter part of the video. £899.10 with £100 off for PCGB or forum member.
https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-911-997-1-carrera-valved-cat-back?search=porsche&page=2

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back