Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 GT3 Potential Purchase - What to look out for

kas750 said:
991.2GTS said:
There are still issues with the G series engines. It appears to be in cars that are regularly hitting the limiter at 9k. So those using it on track and driving in sport auto, where the car shifts at 9k, will have more chance of a failure.

What you don't know is what the previous owner did with it. If they drove it hard on the track, the engine might be on its way to failing.

I think it's a bit of a lottery with the 991.1. Personally I wouldn't touch one, and as the 991.2 becomes more affordable, and we get closer to the end of that warranty, I suspect many others will feel the same. So residuals may well be a problem.
+1

Agreed, wait a little longer and get the 991.2

OP - JZM have just got a 991.1 club sport in, black, PCCB, 9k miles, it's not on their website yet (look on FB). No price noted yet either. They have a good rep, so might be worth a look....

mankers said:
OP - JZM have just got a 991.1 club sport in, black, PCCB, 9k miles, it's not on their website yet (look on FB). No price noted yet either. They have a good rep, so might be worth a look....

Thanks - I've seen that pop up on my alerts so will take a closer look in the coming weeks.

What do you think of this one? https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-GT3-137419

Colour is not to everyone's taste but I don't mind yellow... has had a few owners. Understand this is common especially in the earlier days when flippers were involved..

Flatout said:

That is amazing :eek:

There is a chap on here who may be along shortly that likes yellow...a lot
ban-cha.gif

:thumb:

Flatout said:
mankers said:

Thanks - I've seen that pop up on my alerts so will take a closer look in the coming weeks.

What do you think of this one? https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-GT3-137419

Colour is not to everyone's taste but I don't mind yellow... has had a few owners. Understand this is common especially in the earlier days when flippers were involved..

:hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: :hand:

Hmmm I'm not sure you're ready to join the owners club with that attitude :x :grin: That's the Mereside motors car discussed recently (see below). Was sold recently for 115 k about 6 months ago, had 2.3 k on the clock. ( it was reduced then from 125k)

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=133041

Around 10k cheaper than 10 months ago, shows the market, it's depreciated a grand a month, more as it's priced now at an OPC. With The spec, miles and colour (GT3's shouldn't be boring!) it looks a cracker. I looked at last year and it was mint condition.
You'll get 4 years warranty effectively (2 + 2) Personally I'd be over there today with the deposit! (Considering the owners I'd want to look for signs of track use, and at the Ceramics, and with the mega low miles the service history, plus how many engine changes?) I'd suggest with any GT3 you'd need to do the same, but the 4 year piece of mind would be enough for me. The brakes looked as new when I viewed it, the front end immaculate.
I'd still want a few grand off the asking price too.

Did you buy it Sponge :dont know:

Showing as NLA now :grin:

Hope someone bought it, was stunning :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Did you buy it Sponge :dont know:

Showing as NLA now :grin:

Hope someone bought it, was stunning :thumb:

I nearly bought it last time, I was only 40k short on the coin required, strangely a similar amount this time round :grin:
Hopefully the OP has bagged him :thumb:

Too late... the JZM car sold in a day or so, was c£110k, so that's where the market is for a club sport with 8-9k miles.....

mankers said:
Too late... the JZM car sold in a day or so, was c£110k, so that's where the market is for a club sport with 8-9k miles.....

Remember these cars don't sell because of the engine issues and future electric ⚡️ Cats only :grin:

Finally collected the car weekend just gone. What a machine!!!

First mod will be a sherkwerks by pass install tomorrow... can't wait.

Attachments

• f79962dc_06b0_420a_b235_618eba113b70_136.jpeg
    f79962dc_06b0_420a_b235_618eba113b70_136.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,015
Flatout said:
Finally collected the car weekend just gone. What a machine!!!

First mod will be a sherkwerks by pass install tomorrow... can't wait.

:envy: (yellow)

Lovely looking car, and health to enjoy :thumb:
(but maybe I am slightly biased :D )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back