Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Group buy: Heigo to make a run of OEM 964/993 strut brace

adrian993

Long story short, I was ordering some strut bars for my 964+993 and came across 2 versions.

1 is the shorter one for the regular fuel tank and the other is a longer one to accommodate the larger fuel tank (which was an option as well as standard on the cup cars). Both struts serve the same purpose but 1 sit a little higher, probably 1".

I was planning to order 2 of the shorter OEM ones while investigating the difference.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/1177921-oem-strut-brace-differences-i-see-2-types.html

Currently Heigo make the longer one for Gert @ Carnewal but they will not produce the shorter one unless a minimum of 10 orders can be reached.

This is the exact same part as Porsche 96434352970, which is the standard strut brace on all 964/993 RS with the standard fuel tank. Heigo make the same one for Porsche for over 2x the price.

I can probably take between 2-4 myself so looking to see if there are a few others to complete the lot to get Heigo to make a run.

Price is 255 Euros from Gert which is a substantial savings over the ecstuning offering at £475 (https://www.design911.co.uk/pages/productList.aspx?search=96434352970)

Hope we can get up enough interest otherwise I'll have to fork up for an OEM piece.

Thanks in advance, 964 fanatics!

I think once we have enough signed on interest the purchase can be made through Gert@Carnewal directly.

interest so far

911uk
Leosayer
wozy
Croydon - maybe?

rennlist
ddixon2327
jon91581
AZ993
revolution993
caveman - maybe

Yes this is the long one.

The short run currently is not available from Heigo. It will be €255 if there is an interest of 10

Curious to ask why you need a long one as most cars were specced with a smaller tank (70L) unless optioned otherwise or a cup car

I'm interested in the shorter one.

Will it fit under the carpet?

yes will sit under the carpet as being shorter it sits just on top of the fuel tank

Do you have any pics of what the 993 short version will look like please?

I'll have one :thumbs:

Croydon said:
Do you have any pics of what the 993 short version will look like please?

no but it just looks like any other Porsche OEM strut brace. If you take a look at this reenlist link there are both the tall and short ones there, the difference is not very noticeable but it does look different if you look carefully

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/1177921-oem-strut-brace-differences-i-see-2-types.html

The larger fuel tank is around 1" higher than the standard one, so the shorter one will be just the same as the taller one, but 1" shorter.

I would think there is less than 20mm difference. For something that isnt seen whats the point of going for a shorter one?

It can be seen if you don't want to roll your carpet over it

I just like things sitting flush personally.

I'm going to get the short one anyhow, oem or Heigo but wanted to see if there was shared interest to save some money. That's all.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back