Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Proud Turbo owner

Creationblue

Monza
As you all know I was asking for advice on 996TT buying a few weeks ago. Well things escalated pretty quickly and I picked up the missile last Friday from fellow 911UK forum member and top fella Ragpicker. The car is well known on here and it is every bit as good as I imagined and in fact much much better in the flesh!

My thanks to Andy for a top top build and for his hospitality on the day. The drive back to Bristol (via Soke) was a joy and it never missed a beat. The performance is devastating, and I love absolutely everything about the car!

It is now safely tucked away in my garage and my wife and kids love it too. In fact my wife offered to wash it as soon as I got home :grin:

Attachments

• 9e6e29e4_50e4_4392_900e_b3ee3834d9f9_502.jpeg
    9e6e29e4_50e4_4392_900e_b3ee3834d9f9_502.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 2,164
  • c4868517_50fd_436b_942d_a0605aec85a4_199.jpeg
    c4868517_50fd_436b_942d_a0605aec85a4_199.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 2,164
  • 824d8883_160a_4ddd_a732_58b6151d4a73_321.jpeg
    824d8883_160a_4ddd_a732_58b6151d4a73_321.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 2,164
Got yourself a weapon there my friend. Look after the license and your hearing.

Nice car.

That front number plate though. I'd of had to fix that immediately

Aww thats lovely Creationblue. I'm so pleased you're happy.

I was wondering if you'd got it home in one piece though - slippy roads and an addictive loud pedal can lead to some hairy moments!

I must apologise for the positioning of the front number plate, the car was in the air on my ramp when I put that on, so it is possible it has been lined up slightly wrong :oops:

I want to give Creationblue a mention too - Justin was a pleasure to meet and the car I've taken in part exchange from him is a truly superb example. A real credit to him. If that turbo gets the same treatment then she's in good hands!

Sometimes this forum is an excellent place!

:thumb:

:congrats: to both Justin and Andrew. :thumb:

Nice one!

Great car 8)

Raggy, what you gonna do with that folding burning a hole in your sky rocket :dont know:

:thumb:

Nice one CB. That's a beast and a bargain.

Good to see it will still feature on here too.
Good result Raggy. As said what's next?

Another :hand: for that plate positioning mind. :grin:

ragpicker said:
I must apologise for the positioning of the front number plate, the car was in the air on my ramp when I put that on, so it is possible it has been lined up slightly wrong :oops:

And before anyone questions the above, Raggy has state of the art equipment and is a highly skilled operator.
His other car is doing just fine on there at the moment. :wink:

ragpicker said:
Good question HSC...

Not wishing to derail creationblue's thread but I have been shopping today for something Italian. Just deciding whether to do the deal or not. :thumb:

You only live once...

I'll text you in a bit :thumb:

Yep got home just fine, the weather took a turn for the worse on the way to Stoke, I made the mistake of hitting the loud pedal coming out for a roundabout whilst following an AMG Merc with standing water on the carriageway, lesson well and truly learnt right there :D the car did straighten up and no harm was done :hand:

As for the front plate, I'm now definitely leaving it as is :grin: oh the cel light waited until I pulled on the drive Saturday morning before it decided to illuminate haha. That'll give me something to do as I'm really digging it as is.

ragpicker said:
Yeah she's a lively old girl!

I'm glad I gave you that durametric then! You'll see its just emissions related as we discussed 👍🏻

Yea of that I'm in no doubt. Not actually used it before so will give me chance to have a play. Still can't get over how refined the whole package is when it needs to be, really couldn't be more happy, and the wife and kids are fully on board too :thumb:

ragpicker said:
Good question HSC...

Not wishing to derail creationblue's thread but I have been shopping today for something Italian. Just deciding whether to do the deal or not. :thumb:

Prices for Italian V8s are softened considerably. Do the deal and enjoy the difference. PPI an absolute must though. There are some dogs of cars out there. Short cuts, dodgy history etc....

Creationblue said:
As you all know I was asking for advice on 996TT buying a few weeks ago. Well things escalated pretty quickly and I picked up the missile last Friday from fellow 911UK forum member and top fella Ragpicker. The car is well known on here and it is every bit as good as I imagined and in fact much much better in the flesh!

My thanks to Andy for a top top build and for his hospitality on the day. The drive back to Bristol (via Soke) was a joy and it never missed a beat. The performance is devastating, and I love absolutely everything about the car!

It is now safely tucked away in my garage and my wife and kids love it too. In fact my wife offered to wash it as soon as I got home :grin:

Crackin' :thumb: Just got a new (to me) turbo myself. Road surfaces aren't all that at the moment and I don't want to be facing the wrong way at 100mph :lol:

Enjoy. Wonderful machines :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back