Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service Standards Slipping at OPC Brooklands

I too used them for the last couple of services on my 993 although when they quoted £45 to replace a bulb in the rear light (which literally took me less than 1min to replace) I decided it was time to move the 993 and the daily workhorse to an indie. This was before the new manager though.

I have received a brake pads due per our calculation email for the workhorse but not the 993. In fairness the pads are almost due on the workhorse so it wasn`t unexpected. I`d be annoyed if i got one on the 993 that doesn`t see much more than 300 miles in a given year.

Funny you say that Dream....they tried to charge me £58 to adjust the Cayennes washer jets...I said I'd expect that to be done within the £780 service... I laughed in his face...
Oh and Cheers deMort....

Just following on from this - in early February I had a call from a lady at Brooklands advising that my brake fluid is due in March. I told her that my car is also due an oil service and spark plugs (I was a bit surprised they didn't already know this) and I asked for a price. She said she'd get someone to call me back with the prices as she didn't have them.

A couple of weeks passed without hearing anything and I was getting close to needing to get the car booked in so I called them to get a price. I spoke to a chap who said that all advisors are busy and he took my details and said someone would call me. About a week passed and I'd still not heard from Brooklands.

So I booked it in at Silverstone and it was serviced there last week.

I've still not heard back from Brooklands. Appalling!

Several things appalling about that little episode :roll:

In the spirit of been balanced, I had my car in there for service last week. Despite me previously saying I wouldn't got there again, they were 150-200 quid cheaper than other opc's and more convenient so I decided to stick with them. Service was good, no attempt at pitching 1000's of pounds worth of work and the only extra I needed was an air con regas which was reasonable on price.

Maybe there is more than enough work for them these days to worry about trying to extract every pound out of every booking.

My experience of service is that they're required to follow a certain set of rules outlined by Stuttgart. I asked for a PDK clutch and transmission oil change and they couldn't give me a price. Instead they said it's part of a service pack and they had to do that (despite me saying I didn't want the oil change).

I then asked for the PDK update to which I was told they can't do that and HAVE to book in with a master tech for an hour to diagnose the issue prior to proceeding with any fix.

In the end, I got fed up and booked in with Ken at 9E who was more than accommodating at dealing with my specific request.

On the flip side, the parts guys are brilliant and I've bought loads from them. Though when I asked whether they had a specific tool to melt the plastic donuts on the back of the window switch trim, I was met with a 'we have been told by service to not offer any advice and they would like £280 to fit the part'.

I enquired if it's still the same price given I'm holding the new part and the door card in my hand, and they said yes.

MJA911 said:
Were they :eek: thought about going there instead of Brooklands! Reading have fixed price servicing on their website for 991 C2, 8 years its £795 for service (inc plugs) plus £120 for brake fluid. Expensive versus an indie, but any views on that for an OPC?

Appreciate MJA911's quote is from 2020. But I'm curious because in January this year OPC Exeter quoted me £860 for the major 8 year service on my 991 C4S. Speaking to them recently they said the fixed price is £1200 (weren't interested in what I said they quoted before - should have asked by email :frustrated: ).

Is it the case that the fixed pricing has smoothed all this over and there's no competition - I guess that was the reason for fixed pricing but interested to know if others are being offered 'deals'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back