Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo - The Stormtrooper

J80 EWN said:
MaxA said:
Got to love a Carrara White 911!

:D I had my heart set on Guards red for a long, long time but more recently started swaying toward the white.... seemed to be 2 of the hardest colours to find for a 997 turbo, Majority seen to be black and grey, They all look stunning but my Cayman is black and ive had my fair share of gunmetal grey cars so was determined to have something different this time around :)

I was struggling to find a 911 that didn't have a complete interior from carpet to headlining that wasn't in red... but I was shopping in Dubai. And since it's a hot country, dark colours don't make any sense.

But as my buddy Terry said (who also did the Feynlab ceramic coating), 'race cars always come in white'.

HSC911 said:
kurlykris said:
She looks fabulous in white, congratulations on a lovely purchase :thumbs:

Obviously you have to put a model Stormtrooper on the dash now :grin:

Or wear a Storm trooper costume when driving it :starwars:

:grin:

Now theres an idea! We actually have a local Stormtrooper who turns up at public events / collects for charity, hopefully we are in the same place at the same time at some point and collaborate!

Very nice , so love the turbo aero deck lid. If you ever deside to go for a bigger rear wing I will gladly cross your parm with silver for it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

tgdesign said:
Very nice , so love the turbo aero deck lid. If you ever deside to go for a bigger rear wing I will gladly cross your parm with silver for it.

Ha not a chance, That will be staying :wink:

After some frustrating trial and error with various CANbus sidelight bulbs I sourced a set through stripey-elite eBay store which dont flag up dash warnings,

Not sure if other 997 models CANbus are as tempremental but the turbo didnt seem to be as easily pleased as other cars ive had.

A subtle mod which has made a huge difference to the front end, at just over £5 a pair you cant go wrong.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-T10-...var=640610736622&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

LED on left, Incandescent on right for comparison

Attachments

• compar_138.jpg
    compar_138.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 4,007
A perfect match and no dash warnings :thumb:

Attachments

• xenon_206.jpg
    xenon_206.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,700
J80 EWN said:
tgdesign said:

Ha not a chance, That will be staying :wink:

You can see why I asked , enjoy :thumb: :thumb:

Stoddy said:
https://www.originalstormtrooper.com/original-helmets-25-c.asp

Awesome car!!

Cheers Stoddy! I wonder if you could get away with one of those at a track day :floor:

Don't be Darth! :floor:

Sorry, laughing at my own jokes.

MaxA said:
J80 EWN said:
MaxA said:
I was struggling to find a 911 that didn't have a complete interior from carpet to headlining that wasn't in red... but I was shopping in Dubai. And since it's a hot country, dark colours don't make any sense.

But as my buddy Terry said (who also did the Feynlab ceramic coating), 'race cars always come in white'.

Its a rare occasions that's an issue in the Highlands! Usually the hotter the seat the better! :grin:

:worship: The aerokit makes it extra special. CW or GR the only real alternatives to RC :grin: Nice change to all the black turbos :thumb:

J80 EWN said:
Its a rare occasions that's an issue in the Highlands! Usually the hotter the seat the better! :grin:

Well, now that I live in the Great White North, I'm quite grateful for the dark (blue) interior to trap as much heat as possible.

Boba fett said:
That's very nice indeed.
Are you missing 'yours' Bobba?
Like most, I consider a change from time to time but they are such great value and so easy to live with.
Anyway, I trust that lovely V8 screamer is behaving itself!
:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back