Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front ARB drop link - pain in the..

Giff

Evening.

I'm not having fun trying to replace the front ARB drop link, the long threaded piece that also holds the shock to the hub will not come out.

The whole assembly is now on my bench, any tips?

Cheers.

Lots of heat then a decent impact gun flicking between forward and reverse while whacking the other end of the bolt. Had fun before with one of these on a Boxster :frustrated:

Bolt

Had the same issue on Boxsters not tried my 997 yet, but I ended up cutting the ball joint off using angle grinder and getting a spanner/ socket on the bits that's left to try and get movement, you'll see flat edges just under the joint.
Eventually they come out and don't look too corroded but they we're a right *** to get out.

Good luck, and keep hammering.

PB Blaster may help.

alloy and steel and water dont mix well bud.

3 words, heat, heat and more heat. localised.

Good luck

This reminds me too much of my short spell with an S2000, suspension bolts assembled dry and a nightmare to remove.

Finally completed the job but had to completely dissemble the suspension..

Attachments

• ed245c22_9a3c_4e58_bba1_eb9e4a6889bd_167.jpeg
    ed245c22_9a3c_4e58_bba1_eb9e4a6889bd_167.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 957
I'm currently in the middle of this nightmare on my girlfriends 987. Any wise words from those who have gone before? Did you split the hub from the coffin arm or just unbolt the coffin arm? Was that a PITA too?

Loosen the coffin arm to chassis bolt and it will allow the assembly to drop down significantly further making the job a lot easier, you can then undo the hub ball joint quite easily to move the job to the bench.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back