Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 (reps) seats

This is where having no roof comes into its own - need to put something in the back with a fixed bucket? Simply reach down and do it.

I'm not sure if there is anything like that available.

I'd always needed the back seats for the kids. But they've out grown it and hate going out it.

You can still get access to the back for putting bags etc. But no way you can get through the gap.

I tried... got stuck! Had to escape out of the passenger side! (Before the new seat was fitted!)

Dagerous said:
I may be wrong but I suspect that even with hinged sliders you likely wouldn't be able to usefully hinge the bucket seats forward since the high back rests would presumably hit the roof before getting usefully forward.

Happy to be prepared wrong though
Yeah you're right, they would just hit the roof quite quickly :eh!:

sackerley said:
You can still get access to the back for putting bags etc. But no way you can get through the gap.

I tried... got stuck! Had to escape out of the passenger side! (Before the new seat was fitted!)

:floor:

Smaller people (adults) can just about squeeze through when the seat is as far forward as possible. It's a bit of a pre-test. If you can squeeze through - you'll be OK in the back! :)

:grin:

I can fit in, to clean the rear windows etc. It's tight and I have to go in with my back scraping against the B post and my chest scraping past the back of the front seat.

Small kids could easily though.
The worry would be getting them out in a hurry after a crash/fire/breakdown.
:?:

Having kids in the back and access in an emergency is my worry too. Thats why I've ruled out even trying to get them in the back. From now on its a 2 seater. And I kinda like that :thumb:

My wife's cases are all bigger than a small child.

No fixed buckets for me.

I was trying to order a set of d911 seats last week through a third party for reasons I'd rather not go into. Cough vat. Ahem. I waaworking away from home there and was so busy I never got back to them, must get my finger out. I'm 36 waist so might be a little bit too big anyway.
I need to shop around more. Some great options but a lot of bucket seats don't seem to wear well at all. I might end up just going for the drivers seat to keep access to the rear. Either way the sports seats are going. Black and for sale

Just for info, I was close to buying the pole positions but couldn't be bothered waiting for delivery of leather ones so took the risk on the GT3 reps from Porscheshop despite the advice they were small/tight.

I've been a 34" waist for a long time and recently 'upgraded' to a 36" waist so that first time I sat down in them I was a bit apprehensive lol. Nothing to worry about, they feel great and plenty room. Had the car a drive also and they are great, very supportive. To be honest the seats in my C63 are probably a little tighter!

Quality wise very impressed, I used to build and repair carbon fibre aircraft components in a previous life so had a good look at them.

Great mod for anyone thinking of doing it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back