Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Now I have an X pipe, do I need to swap over the O2 sensors?

C11BRA

Hiya.

Just had a thought. Do I need to swap over the Post cat O2 sensor connectors now I have an X pipe?

Originally. Bank 1 exhaust pre cat O2 sensor would connect to N/S chassis plug. And bank 1 post cat sensor would connect to the O/S chassis plug.

However, now I have the X pipe. The bank 1 post cat sensor is now nearer the N/S. (in theory). Or do the gases still cross over at the X junction?

These sketches might help?

Top pick shows the factory O2 sensor connections.

Where do the gases go?

The sensors stay the same side .. they are to monitor the gases before and after the cat so they are fitted the same as pre X pipe installation .

Bank 1 pre and post should both connect to the n/s/r with B2 the o/s/r .. i dont understand if you are saying it was different .. it shouldn't be .

My car had cat bypass pipes. Bank 1 pre cat sensor was close to the NS. However, the bank 1 post cat sensor was close to the silencer joint on the OS. I didn't take photos but I seem to remember it being plugged into the OS chassis plug. Because it was closer. I'm not even sure it would reach the NS.

I'll put some photos up tomorrow.

This might explain my worries.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you ever get post cat sensor alarms, just bear in mind where each is located.

The car was running super rich. And all 4 sensors would be stored as faults after 2 or 3 drives. Check engine light would come on.

It did have the post cat O2 sensor extensions to weaken the results. And a re-map apparently. But the light would still come on.

Maybe it's a blessing that I didn't take notes of which sensor wires went where. Because if they were wrong, they would still be wrong.

De Mort says both Bank 1 sensors plug into the NS chassis plug. So that's how it's gone back together.

Let's see what the lights do.

I think it was plugged in wrong before. Satisfying to know it's correct now.

I sent you a PM De Mort. But all my PMs are stuck in my outbox and won't send. Any clues why?

Pm,s are stored in your outbox until the recipient logs on and reads them .. i'm only here in the evenings so i have just got yours :)

It seems to me it was originally wrong but a swopped post cat sensor side to side won't make any difference .. all it will do is throw a fault code for the wrong bank in the event of a cat or post cat sensor failing .

Pre cats swopped is a much bigger deal .. the car will run bad and log fault codes / eml pretty quick.

Running rich can be caused by various things but Maf and Lambda sensors are the more common causes .

EDIT ..

Post cat sensors are there to monitor the condition of the cat Only .. they have no effect on the running of the car.

This has been bugging me today .. i don't like the fact you had all 4 lambda fault codes ..

I would be interested to know what the codes are though .

i was thinking .. is it possible the lambda sensors have been mixed up and the post cat has had the pre cat sensor fitted .. that would certainly cause issues .

A couple of images below ..

The Grey plug sensor should be fitted into the post cat hole .. so it's the after cat sensor .

The Black plug Sensor should be fitted in the pre cat hole .

As you can see these are the bank 1 sensors and both fitted to the n/s/r .

Attachments

• p2030001_180.jpg
    p2030001_180.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 1,327
  • p2030002_186.jpg
    p2030002_186.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 1,327

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member