Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Horn beeps on Ignition off

villaman

Monza
I fitted a new steering wheel and head unit over the winter and took the car for its first drive today since October and post them being fitted.

I did not notice this when i was fitting the above in the garage as i did put the ignition on having a play.

Ok..so thats the back story...and may well have nothing to do with it..but i thought i'd mention it

when i turn the ignition from Full on to Part off (not fully ignition off) the car horn beeps once.

It does not do it when i lock the car...which i know it will do if your lights are on or frunk is open.....

Any idea's ?

I had a similar issue when I didn't fit the airbag in right on the steering wheel. Took it out and refitted. All ok now.

I'm afraid all i can say is go with what Newbe has said .. unlike the 996 there is no alarm horn so it's nothing to do with the alarm system but the actual horn system itself .

Thanks guys ..I've just removed the airbag again , a couple of times, to no avail .

I think this might need coding out....

What happens with the airbag out?.

If you have a diagnostic tool you could even unplug it to eliminate. Then use the tool to reset your air bag light?

Had thought about removing the airbag..good idea....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back