Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dsc V1 for sale

Goldstar said:
If this is good for a 997 gen 1 turbo can I get first shout please?

Hi I bought it on the group buy last year. I had it on a 997 gen2 Carrera s. There is a thread from the group buy with information on which models it works with. I think it works with both gen turbos.

O'Neill said:
Goldstar said:

Hi I bought it on the group buy last year. I had it on a 997 gen2 Carrera s. There is a thread from the group buy with information on which models it works with. I think it works with both gen turbos.

Aahh, ok so its no good for the Gen1 and the turbo, only for gen2 ..

Cheers!!

J

-- 997 -- said:
O'Neill said:
Goldstar said:

Cheers!!

J

It's the same unit for both 997.1T and 997.2T

See the last post on p26 from the UK supplier 9e.

Here --> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123535&highlight=dscv1

T8 said:
-- 997 -- said:
O'Neill said:
Goldstar said:

Cheers!!

J

Yes, the unit that works in the 997.2T works in the 997.1T but not the other way round and according to a phone call I had with Ken yesterday, the Carrera unit does not work in the turbo at all. I am going to double, triple check.

Goldstar said:
T8 said:
-- 997 -- said:
O'Neill said:
Goldstar said:

Cheers!!

J

Yes, the unit that works in the 997.2T works in the 997.1T but not the other way round and according to a phone call I had with Ken yesterday, the Carrera unit does not work in the turbo at all. I am going to double, triple check.

Hi,

If the unit is a 997.2 unit (written on the box), then it will work with all 997.2 cars and the 997.1 turbo car. It won't work with the 997.1 non turbo if that makes sense.

Sorry if our call was confusing as I thought for a moment the unit was 997.1 Carrera unit.

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back