Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Very sad day for me

Keep guessing!

We already have a Golf, so I ruled out a golf derivative and I could not bring myself to drive an Audi these days no matter how good they are (I did have a TT225 once, good car but needed sharpening up).

The new car - there was only 53 cars registered MY11/12, now 49 were licensed and 0 sorn last year according to how many left. They also did a very similar diesel version which they sold loads of.

It will suit my kids + bike + no spare time lifestyle. But it's no 911 :sad:

Alpina BMW?

Pipe and slippers at the ready.

MY12 Mercedes C350 Sport Bluefficiency Petrol V6, heavily optioned. No, I never knew they existed either.

SBh2I9E.jpg

The complexity scares me a bit but a month over 8 years old hopefully it will be good for a couple of years at least.

The C63's understudy, seems nobody bought these because the diesel 350 CDI had lower costs for little perceived paper difference. And petrol heads probably all bought BMW 6's.

But 306bhp and 38.9 combined mpg (official) £235 tax and rear wheel drive.

I never knew they were so rare... great cars though. I have a 14 reg CLS shooting brake that has not missed a beat in 122k miles, touch wood...

Very nice. I have a soft spot for fast, funny estates. Been looking closely at the MB CLA 250 AMG (line).

However at the risk of thread derailment and being ostracised from present online company, I've just bought an estate I never knew existed.

Renault Megane 205 GT. It's basically as close as you can get to a Renault Sport hatch in an estate shell. Seems they only made c30 in 2017. The tech terrifies me! Touch screen control for everything, four wheel steering, different driving modes etc. Has flappy paddle auto from the Alpine and 1.6 turbo from the RS Clio!! Still it fits the bill (the only thing that did at the price) and it's under warranty!...

wasz said:
SOLD!

To the first viewer (as all my cars do).

Going down the pub to console myself now.

Well done mate! :thumb:

I showed my mate on Thursday and he was chomping at the bit for it but gutted as he's skint at the moment and the car was just a couple of grand outside his budget.

Hurry up and get another one.......you know it makes sense :grin:

Well done it sounds like it was the correct decision for you at this stage in life, your 996 may be gone but at least you've enjoyed the experience for 5 years (?) and that can't be taken away from you. Maybe you'll be back again one day or have something else exciting to own.

You're contribution on this forum has been much appreciated, always thought your posts were spot on :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back