Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

250k... and then some

demon

Of course naturally I missed it when it actually happened(!!!) I did manage to get it at 200k, but somehow it slipped my mind for the quarter million... oh well, maybe I'll manage it at 500K :dont know:

That's great to see! It'll take me a long time to get there... I'd like to think I might still be driving the same car to see it roll thro' 250k miles. Has it cost more than just usual maintenance?

Very impressive.

Has it needed any major engine work?

^^^judging from the signature, yes it has!

also WRT to the sig...how did you integrate the IPD plenum with the cable throttle? I was under the impression they were not compatible? And was it a worthwhile modification?

Here's to the next 250k!

Just usual maintenance... although I do extend that to the concept of 'preventative maintenance' - if not for tweaks and upgrades, I would say it has ultimately cost me the same as any other car - a 996 may be slightly 'exotic' or high spec in some regards, but its also far simpler than a comparably fast modern car...

Shalmaneser said:
^^^judging from the signature, yes it has!

also WRT to the sig...how did you integrate the IPD plenum with the cable throttle? I was under the impression they were not compatible? And was it a worthwhile modification?

Here's to the next 250k!

IPD produced a specific plenum version for the 98 cable throttle 3.4 carrera - I managed to find it secondhand on ebay many years ago

IPD still list it:
996 Carrera 2 3.4L (1998-1999) Cable Throttle | Part #96074

I like the look and principle of it i.e. the drilled through wedge maintaining a degree of turbulance while splitting the incoming air more cleanly to each bank... couldn't say what it really adds in numbers, if anything...

Hi

Well done! Im really looking forwards to 200k on my 993. Must remember to take a snap!

Berni

Bravo... some going.

Mine's about 25k short of 200k, still on its original engine.... 120k of those in my ownership.

I'll be very happy if it's still on its original engine at 250k!

Porsche must have run out of chocolate when they built your 996.1 engine

Just shows the haters if well maintained these engines can deliver starship mileages

Mine is a baby 3.4 only 90 k on the clock

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back