Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice please

qwerty911

Trainee
I bought our Porsche Approved 2010 reg 997.2 c2s Cab two years ago from an OPC.
There was a service record issue at that time, but I thought it was all sorted out and I bought the car happy that it would have full and correct OPC history and just had Major Service. But this week when I went book car in for 2yr Minor Service, with different OPC, they tell me the car has no online record of 4yr Major, even though it is in the book, nor the PDK ever being done at 6yrs, nor spark plugs since 2015 and the last service is recorded, online, as a minor. but the book says Major (This was the original issue!). I phoned the OPC that did the 4 & 6yr service and they say they have no record of the car being with them on the date, or even the year stamped but could confirm the 6yr service, but the receipts for the 6yr service visit do not incl any PDK work.
I've raised issue with supplying OPC and they are getting back to me. But my question is, being a Porsche Approved car, should evidence of the 4yr service, 6yr PDK service and correct spark plug changes, not all be easy to produce? given it was sold as a warranted car?

On the face of it, a full history would surely be a pre-requisite of the warranty.

If not, given that the Approved Used scheme specifies that any service due within 3 months is done prior to sale, that a PDK oil change should be done at the supplying dealers expense if they can't produce proper evidence. There's not a massive difference in what's actually done in a major service vs a minor, so maybe they'd carry one out for the price of a minor, given you need to get one anyway.

Plugs presumably would not have been needed at the point of sale 2 yrs ago if they'd been done in 2015.

Approved Used Porsche sold with a questionable full service history. Ironic that if you tried to renew the Porsche warranty it would fail the 111 point check if they found none standard battery or wiper blades.

That`s just Porsche centre`s being Porsche Centre`s, trained in the very best way to warm each & one of our backsides.(if you let them).

Update - The OPC who I bought the car from, appear to agree that despite being Porsche Approved and Warrented, the car has missing service history, including the 6yr PDK change. They have offered to cover the full cost of having these items done now when the car is in (with different OPC) for a scheduled minor service.
I don't intend to sell the car anytime soon, but I still feel a bit annoyed that I paid the premium for an OPC car, PA + Warrented, that didn't in fact meet this criteria. Technically the car does not have provable correct service history.
What would you reasonably do?

qwerty911 said:
What would you reasonably do?

I'd take everything that the supplying OPC is now prepared to give, accept that the car is currently as good as it can be and get on enjoying ownership.

I agree, you clearly paid a premium for a car that has at best been misrepresented (probably accidentally). If I were you I would write to the DP of the OPC and ask them for an offer of compensation, based on the difference of what they would reasonably price your car at in part exchange both with and without an opc fsh. I would expect the difference is a few thousand quid minimum...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back