Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted :- 997 carbon hand brake

Spicy9114S

Trainee
Hello

I know it's a long shoot but I was wondering if anyone had a carbon handbrake lever for a 997 laying around that they wanted to sell?

Thanks for looking

Steve

I have a 996 carbon tequipement one that I have for sale. Not sure if they're the same or not

Attachments

• 20297925_2b8a_4850_8584_b171722a400a_740.jpeg
    20297925_2b8a_4850_8584_b171722a400a_740.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,799
Hello

I've been told the 996 handbrake doesn't fit the 997.

Thanks for posting though.

I did see that one on eBay but I need a black leather and carbon one, not sure how easy it will be to separate the carbon outer section off to swap it over.

Thanks for looking :)

They are not easy to separate and believe me I tried, they are supposed to be glued on but you can twist off, when I could hear cracking I stopped lol......ended up swapping the whole lever over which is pretty easy but I'm used to removing and refitting the centre console.

Yeah I thought as much. Carbon and glue tends to lead to a very permanent join :-(

Pity that one on eBay is res

Spicy9114S said:
I did see that one on eBay but I need a black leather and carbon one, not sure how easy it will be to separate the carbon outer section off to swap it over.

Change over the leather part. that's quite easy

True the leather is easy to swap over ......means you could get a none black leather one .......but you'll still need to swap the levers over :thumb:

tgdesign said:
Spicy9114S said:

Changing the hand break over is not major just a bit time consuming mines been in and out loads of times lol. and you can reuse your black leather rear banana section they just slide off. that would be what I would do. :thumb: any Indi would do it no problem :thumb:

tgdesign said:
Spicy9114S said:

I'd have thought re-dying the leather would be pretty straightforward... need an airbrush and some leather dye.

I have a rear black leather part I can sell.
If you buy the one off ebay

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hello Everyone.

Firstly I hope everyone is safe, well and not going crazy stuck indoors.

Sorry to dig this old thread up again but I had to put this on hold due to having to replace the air con condensers and having a few other maintenance bits done.

I am now actively looking again if anyone has come across one, or has one please let me know.

Many thanks and happy Easter if you celebrate the holiday.

Steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back