Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gmund Cars Ltd & Andrew Mearns FRAUD £1Million stolen

I'm looking forward to reading the report but I suspect I wont have much to say with very little progress since the previous report.
It's what the Police are doing .................. or not - that will be more interesting.

In the meantime what news of Andy and Sammy, he must be working somewhere and is Sammy still doing great public service - I think we should be told.

Pergoda do you have news that you can share?

Basically tells you nothing.

Administrators spent a lot of time and money running around having meetings but ultimately:

They will not recover any money to pay any creditors to any meaningful degree

There is an ongoing case with the North Yorkshire Police

As mikeluke says nothing new in the report.
What is interesting to me is that the Administrators appear to have been taken in as well. When they took on the case they were under the impression there was c£1m in assets, that would lead to a handsome fee for them. As we now know there is next to nothing of any great value plus any car assets that turn up are likely to have a good legal claim by their 'rightful' owners. So this leaves the Administrators with a lot of costs and no means of payment. I think they have only carried on this long because they want to be seen to assist the Police, no bad thing helping Mr Plod. I think they would have been long gone once they knew there was no money to speak of.
And, why did only one of 17 aggrieved customers go legal and wind up Gmund, it was some plate spinning exercise keeping them all quiet.
I look forward to the legal case if there is one, or will this be passed off as another badly run business that ran out of money having sold all its stock?

Needs some old fashioned methods to be enforced
baseballbat.gif

:bandit:

HCS911 I think I suggested that a few months ago but it didn't get a lot of support!
As I said then in this part of the world its the norm to sort out bad behaviour, it discourages others from ripping people off.
Hoping the law will protect you often leaves people disappointed and out of pocket, something we all know but don't want to believe.
Had someone got seriously stroppy at Gmund a year or so ago it may have saved others a lot of heartache and money.

Creditors are estimated 1.5m + :eek: not sure whats worse that or the administrators charging £285 an hour :nooo:

My take on it is:

People have been ripped off to the tune of about £1.5M
At the moment, the Administrators have no idea where this money is
No-one is going to get paid anything
Up to the Police to take any action with Mearns

I also offered in assisting at least one of the victims of this whole debacle, I'm no expert in these matters but rarely find myself on the receiving end of an untrustworthy deal, I do try as all would do to exercise diligence when dealing with an unknown, unfortunately sometimes we can all quite easily loose track of what is happening around us as modern day life is so hectic !

I did once invite myself and 3 friends into a showroom for an impromptu party, after leaving that location in a bit of a state we then made our way towards the home of the owner, fortunately by the time we arrived nearly all was resolved, there were the charges he had incurred, plus our expenses and then a bit on top which he agreed to pay, in cash...... as long as we waited outside the property where he was heading in the car that he couldn't remember taking into stock,

I have very little patience for following the Law when being Dry Humped 'illegally" by some one who is trying to hide behind the very fabric that they are exposing their victims to. It's a 2 way range ! If your giving it anticipate incoming, heavy and accurate !

As the last few people have said he really needed a visit from someone with a more "direct" approach. I was also chastised for mentioning that previously.
Emails, flying banners above his premises, T shirts & stickers on your car didn't work. These people are experts at running rings around the normal person & don't care as there are always more people to fleece. How many time does Watchdog return a few years later to the same person running the same scam.
Administrators have given up, police, they do their job but the courts let them down. He will, assuming it goes to court with his very expensive lawyer get at most a modest fine & perhaps community service & be back doing what he is good at, unfortunately with Gmund2

mmmmm

The High Court recently made the first order in an insolvency case under new powers to seek compensation from disqualified directors.
Kevin William Eagling, was disqualified for the maximum 15 year period in May 2019 for transferring £559,484 from Noble Vintners Limited to a second company he was sole director of, in the year before the wine investment vehicle entered a creditors' voluntary liquidation in June 2017.
Compensation orders were introduced in the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and enables the Insolvency Service to seek compensation for misconduct occurring after that date in companies in insolvency proceedings. The additional power provides an avenue for us to seek redress for creditors who have lost a clearly identifiable amount.
Mr Eagling now resides in Northern Cyprus and the Insolvency Service is attempting to enforce recovery from him

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, it does date back to July19, copied from 'The Gazette' official public record. Not sure how I missed it perhaps it's not news to many others - I really must pay more attention!

Bankruptcy Orders

Mearns, Andrew

Appletrees, Main Street, Scotton, KNARESBOROUGH, North Yorkshire, HG5 9HY

Andrew Mearns a car dealer of Appletrees, Main Street, KNARESBOROUGH, North Yorkshire, HG5 9HY

In the County Court at Harrogate

No 8 of 2019

Date of Filing Petition: 10 June 2019

Bankruptcy order date: 23 July 2019

Time of Bankruptcy Order: 10:27

Whether Debtor's or Creditor's Petition"”Creditor's

Name and address of petitioner: Tobias Michael De Chazal AstorTreetops, Cedar Drive, Snitterfield, WARWICKSHIRE, CV37 0LJ

D Brogan 3rd Floor, 1 City Walk, Leeds, LS11 9DA, telephone: 0300 678 0016

Capacity of office holder(s): Trustee

23 July 2019

mrgrey said:
Name and address of petitioner: Tobias Michael De Chazal Astor, Treetops, Cedar Drive, Snitterfield, WARWICKSHIRE, CV37 0LJ

He's an interesting chap. He's part of the Astor family. They used to be one of the richest in America, and his great, great grandfather was the bloke who built the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York and went down on The Titanic.

The family also owned The Times newspaper and Hever Castle, the childhood home of Anne Boleyn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astor_family

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back