Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof Spoilers ----- Any Thoughts ????

-- 997 --

Barcelona
A quick question on Roof Spoilers, what are your thoughts? Worth fitting one serving as a cosmetic look from my understanding or is it a No No !!

Cheers

J

Attachments

• 20200126_100213_209.jpg
    20200126_100213_209.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 1,533
  • 20200126_100754_983.jpg
    20200126_100754_983.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,533
If you like the look then go for it. Nothing's a 'No, No' in my book as it should always come down to personal taste regardless of what others think. Don't know if there are any other implications regarding disrupting air flow.....:dont know:

Not for me though. IMHO it would spoil the iconic lines of the 997.

Might be an issue if you have a rear wiper, especially that orange one :eek:
Unsure what it will do for the airflow over the engine compartment/intake(s) but hey, unless you race the thing just go with what 'yer likes. Personally I wouldn't but it is YOUR car, do what you want to it. Just don't make it a lie, like calling it a turbo S when it isn't :) or even a GT3 I guess :hand: :floor:

I prefer the clean lines of the original design - I'm trying to not modify mine in anyway whatsoever, however I've sort of failed already in that I've swapped out my side bulbs for LEDs as they are a better match with the white of the Xenons. I'm also tempted by the 'Gundo Hack' :oops:

I think we need a photo of your car before we can comment objectively.

I like it on the orange GT car.

Looks OK to me but need a full car shot before I give a yay or nay :judge:

:thumb:

Tits on a bull.

purely cosmetic. original shape is great IMHO.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back