Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2s at Ashgoods

Mogwai said:
Called Ashgoods this morning to have a chat about a few other things (registration, servicing etc.) and before I knew it, I was reading out my credit card number for the deposit.

Happy days. One 997.2s incoming.

I would have considered the boggo 997.2, but would have wanted PASM and a few other bits and bobs that are standard on the S.

Finding a non black, non PDK gen 2 car is quite hard, so I thought given the price to change was pretty good it was an opportunity I didn't want to miss.

Now off to look at how to make it noisier and howl like my Boxster RS60 did (impossible I know).

Thanks for all the advice.

Mogwai.

Boom

MarkC4S said:
Welcome, IMHO 997.2 S manual, pretty much "peak Porsche" :)

Lol almost :grin:

Nice colour if that's yours :worship:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Good choice!

I thought i was going to struggle to find one too but one popped up at exactly the right time for me.

I guess PDK was something new back when the Gen 2 came out so most people wanted to give it a go and it out sold the manual, or more likely Porsche predicted that and produced more PDK's than manuals?

Love my Gen 2 and think they're the sweet spot for sure, just wish i could afford a GT3!

Congrats :thumbs:

If you have any more budget stretch I would go straight for a full exhaust system. Have a look at the website of cgr automotive exhausts. A forum members car is on there and sounds epic.

https://www.cgrautomotive.co.uk/single-post/Porsche-911-Exhaust

I went in stages as I was paranoid about going too loud for a daily. (centre bypass, then gundo, then bmc filters).

It's hard to get the howl from a DFI engine.

Thanks folks.

I've had an RS60 before with PSE and remember that howl. I do miss it. I also had a gen 2 Boxster S with the GT Carnewal exahust and it was also a lovely sound.

I'm sure funds will become available at some point, but maybe not enough for the full CGR system yet. I'll do the Sharkwerks/Top Gear/H&S bypass first and take it from there.

PDK (even the first generation) is the best 'auto' box I've driven. Smooth and always seemed to be in the right gear. Better than the S-Tronic box anyway. However I'm old skool, have no interest in 0-60 times or track days and I want to go back to a manual.

I've tried all the best auto boxes, and try to amuse myself by driving them in manual mode with paddles but, for me, it's just not the same. There's something so satisfying about nailing a smooth gearchange up/down.

I pick it up late next week so will get some pics up then 8)

spongebob squarepants said:
MarkC4S said:
Welcome, IMHO 997.2 S manual, pretty much "peak Porsche" :)

Lol almost :grin:

Nice colour if that's yours :worship:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yep, but a wrap, not standard. Like yours too!

Looked at that when I bought my C4S from Ashgoods in Dec. Hope it's better underneath than mine. I had to do a £3k underbody refurb...

Congrats on the purchase!

Regarding the exhaust, a centre bypass + PSE is plenty loud enough (and sounds great!). With PSE on, mine was 106dB static which will get you kicked out from most trackdays. Even with PSE off you'll still get black flagged at some places.

You might also want to look at this contraption which gets rid of the highly annoying quiet PSE mode at certain speeds: http://www.carnewal.com/products/997/p97084/PSE-Manual-Control

Thanks folks .. I am hoping I won't be in line for a £3k refresh, that's pretty poor.

Mind you the car will be sitting outside all year, and in Scotland with our crappy winters, so will undoubtedly need some work at some point.

I'm torn between a centre muffler bypass or the Top gear valved exhaust as my first go at getting it to sound 1/2 decent.

It's hard to tell for the uneducated numbskull like myself whether you can add the bypass first, then the valved exhaust, and also whether I need new tips if I go for the valved option (or can I use the existing ones).

There's a Milltek dealer garage up here (bypass) that also does Akrapovic but I'm not willing to spend £5k plus on a full system.

Probably worth a call to Top Gear at some point soon to see.

Be interested to know you get on - I have the PSE and would like to add the bypass pipe.

I did the centre bypass first, then gundo a couple of years later.

In your position I would go for top gear back boxes first.

Bypass alone didn't make much difference until you're at 3500revs. Back boxes will give you a rumble from idle.

:congrats:

:cheers:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back