Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Very sad day for me

I'm calling my mate tomoz. He's in the market for something more fun than his chipped A5 TDI Quattro and budget is somewhere near.

and my son too! :thumb:

Wasz,

I've read many of your DIY exploits and part sourcing posts, which have been a fantastic help. You're up there with De Mort, MisterCorn and Alex in the 911uk hall of fame.

I think its more Au Revoir - you'll be back !!

Ian

Paynewright said:
Wasz,

I've read many of your DIY exploits and part sourcing posts, which have been a fantastic help. You're up there with De Mort, MisterCorn and Alex in the 911uk hall of fame.

Ian

Can i just humbly add .. infrasilver , Chris_in_the_UK , GT4 and many many others to that list .

I don't qualify .. i do this for a living .

Thanks everyone. And thank you all for all the help you have given me. I've never met any of you in person, but its a real community of support on here.

It feels like I'm selling my child. Weird. These cars get under your skin.

HwitEufl.jpg

wAUMn69l.jpg

NcYG6kjl.jpg

9cIhb8tl.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8gxxn1zqy6pbqhUq8

Come on and buy it before I sell my actual children instead.

Looks a useable entry 911 for someone with a lot of the big mechanicals done so get paint sorted and your done.

Im sure this wont hang around long, I know the feeling about incremental costs etc etc and balancing that with family life. Good luck with the sale.

deMort said:
Paynewright said:
Wasz,

Ian

Can i just humbly add .. infrasilver , Chris_in_the_UK , GT4 and many many others to that list .

I don't qualify .. i do this for a living .

Attachments

• bashful_113.jpg
    bashful_113.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,686
kas750 said:
Hope you stick around mate as you have consistently contributed in a positive way on this forum. :thumb:

Definitely this. ^^^

I'm shocked Will. You're one of the DIY heroes on here and a serial tinkerer so always adding great, helpful content. I'll never forget you doing your clutch swap or AOS, on your back in the snow. :grin:
I wish you all the best with your plans but at the same time I hope I see you back on here in the future.

That car is a steal for someone who wants a well sorted car to actually drive. 8)

Once again I'm shocked. Good luck with everything matey. :thumb:

Oh, and for balance, sometimes you have to prioritise things in life and cars are just 'things". They come and go. Got to do what's right for yourself and your family. :thumbs:

Cars come and go, friends hang around. When I have a downturn I just hope I can hang on long enough to not have to sell, and if I do sell, the project cars will be last (probably because once I have buggered around with them they are worth a lot less). IMO this forum thrives on its tinkerers and I will be sad to see you leave, we all get ideas and inspiration from each other. Hope you get what you need from the car and we can see you in the future.
ATB

MC

Just found this thread, :nooo:

It'll be a sad day, the day it goes, its cheap enough and a well sorted example of a 996 which has been looked after by someone who knows his way around one of these cars. Hopefully it won't take long to sell and I hope the downturn in fortunes turns itself around and you make your way back to a Porsche of some kind soon. Good luck it was a pleasure bouncing ideas backwards and forwards with you.

Just to add, my car was bought from a guy down on his luck, he had split up with his missus, got kicked out of his house so was sleeping on his mates couch. He had been selling furniture and various things and after he'd sold all his games, DVD and CD's he decided to sell his last pot of cash, the 996, he was gutted this was going but he didn't have anything left to fund it any longer, he was gutted it was going.

I hope he turned things around and is back on his feet, I even hope he went back out and got another 996.

I know your story is nothing like this but it just reminded me how I got mine.

Thing is, it's not about the money for me. I have a very comfortable life, not like you higher rate tax payers on here but all the same.

The 996 has cost me 7 grand for parts, tyres, servicing, mots in 7 years. Looking at like that its about as cheap as a car can get without driving a banger.

It's about time: A 20 year old car is going to need attention, and frankly I'd rather spend time sharing the parenting and on my bike than freezing my nuts off fixing the 996 as I need to get to work the next day, even if I do really enjoy fixing things.

It would have to become a second car for me when I only do 6k a year anyway, and that would require garaging and a second lot of tax, mot etc. Realistically the next thing that requires attention and it will probably be parked up for the next 5 years until I fix it, like those 944s you used to see on bricks outside council houses about 15 years ago. I can't see it end like that as a burden to me.

I also have another car that my dad left me, in my mum's garage doing nothing. Not sure I can bring myself to sell that.

The 996 is at a point now where is needs nothing doing, so I can sell it with a clear conscience. They aren't exploding in value (famous last words) so I might well get one again in future if we ever move to a bigger place.

I just bought a rare 8 year old estate car (with 306bhp) so the 996 has got to go.

Gah, I don't want to sell it.

wasz said:
I also have another car that my dad left me, in my mum's garage doing nothing. Not sure I can bring myself to sell that

Similar situation to me, I'd never sell my other car but I'd sell the Porker.

wasz said:
I just bought a rare 8 year old estate car (with 306bhp) so the 996 has got to go.

Do tell...my guess, Audi :dont know:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back