Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911T project, how bad is it and what did it cost ?

spiderscott

Not an expert on these despite owning 3 over the last 25 years.

Normally work on Ferrari Projects, or build fun ones like the Rat Rod Testarossa Spider for kicks, so no delusions on what it takes to do a project like this 911T and the cost involved to it correctly.

https://youtu.be/VqcsIHJ8m5s

Attachments

• ratarossa2_847.jpg
    ratarossa2_847.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 9,614
Subscribed, do enjoy your videos, and your perserverence with Samcrac.

That rear slam panel you've bought needs backdating ... the curves are from a latter car and it has the raised stamping on the left ( compare the shape to what's currently on the car)

fitting as it is is a big give away to those who know ... it's a detail that'll always annoy if not backdated whilst you can :thumbs:

You started off well by determining that this project was driven by your affection for the Porsche 911, and not related to possible restoration costs, or perceptions of future value, however you kinda undermined that when in the vid you showed adverts for 911`s at circa £100k...! So I became a little suspect of your motivation..which matters not a jot in the grand scheme of things, as all that really matters is that another old Porsche has found someone prepared to put time money and effort into halting it`s decay. been there done that more than once.. (-:

From that which I saw in your vid you currently have a patchwork Porsche, in that it has been repaired in the past by having patches welded in as opposed to a best practices where whole panels are replaced and welded into place using methods that closer match the original assembly techniques. If the latter is your plan then the difference between that and a patchwork process, would alter the way your Porsche might be valued by those who know what to look when determining the difference between original, a quality restoration, or a patched up job..?

I hope if you did indeed visit the site mentioned that you have not been tempted to bin the idea given you will have perhaps now been educated to some of that which may lie in wait under those few signs of paint bubbles and surface corrosion, though if you have and you did indeed pay circa £10 K for it, you can still likely turn a profit if you flip it and beat the possibility of climate change regs spoiling our fun..

A project that would have this old codger back in the garage like no other could. I hope all goes well for you. :thumb:

Goodluck with the project ....... I have subscribed and look forward to further instalments ....... :thumb: .......

p.s...... welcome to 911uk ....... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back