Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My miserable DANSK sport box experience - now RESULT!!!

Flexi

I known this is an old thread..but I thought I'd post that I puschased my 997 last year and it came with Danks boxes and cats.I believe the previous owner fitted them about 3 years ago.

My car failed an MOT due to emissions ..plus it was blowing. The flexi's were shot but to get it through its MOT we did a bit of a bodge with some paste.

Having recently read the old group buy thread and feedback...I will shortly order the TopGear valves system.

Well that would stop me ever considering Dansk. Not necessarily the weak part, but their attitude to it. Poor customer service stops sales. They need to learn

I fitted a set of Milltek silencers last week .. these don't have a flexi pipe but a ridgid tube .. they didn't line up very well and when i fitted the tail pipes they almost touched the bumper ...

This car had very worn engine mounts so in essence if they are replaced then the tailpipes will no longer fit as they would jam against the bumper ( PU )

Worn engine mounts means the engine and the exhaust sits lower .

just an observation though ... perhaps a duff set .. :dont know:

Blimey this is an old post resurected , just goes to show if you dont look after your customers it will keep coming back and biting you in the ass . Villaman dont forget when ordering Topgear give 10% discount to forum members :thumb: they also offer a lifetime you own the car guarrantee . Thats how to stand behind the quality of your products :thumb:

Thanks for the steer Phil......it does make a bit of a difference and all contributions are gratefully received.

Just sourcing a local garage to get it fitted and I'll push the button.

I'm going for the switchable version.

Just a heads up LongLife exhausts and Powerflow Exhausts and partner franchise brands of Topgear and have a network of fitting centres they will also have a good understanding of how to fit the valved units and have access to Topgear HQ for tech support so might be worth looking for your local one of those filling centres . or take a weekend trip to sunny Dorset and go to the HQ in Bridport and let them fit it . thats what I did . although I did end up also buying some nice tips while there lol. :thumb:

Thank you again Phil...that's really useful information.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back