Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2s at Ashgoods

Mogwai

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-911-Carrera-2S-For-Sale-U1353

Currently looking at the car above, it's been at Ashgoods a while. I'm up in Aberdeen so can't look at the car directly. I know they have a good reputation and the car itself looks spot on.

They've had it 5 months though, so just wondering if anyone knew the car or had looked at it before. 997.2s manuals are like hens teeth.

Would need to sort the exhaust but I like the fact it's not in your face ..

Any help appreciated.

Ashgoods have a very good reputation not least for offering great value for money cars.

This particular one does seem to expensive by their usual standards especially considering that they recently sold a 12 plate 991S for £45,995.

Maybe potential buyers of that 2008 car have ended up going for newer cars for a bit more money. eg. I'd seriously consider the 12 plate 3.4 991 they've got up for £43,995 over a 2008 car that's only £4k less.

Perhaps their over-egging the premium for it being a scarcer manual car. :dont know:

Thanks.

From looking at Autotrader and Pistonheads I know it's certainly at the upper end of 997.2's

I'm hoping they'll do a cracking deal + trade in on my car. Phase 2 manuals are very hard to find.

It's a the upper end of my budget too so won't stretch to £45k as I want to get off any PCP roundabout.

If the car is sound and they drop it a fair bit I might just go for it.

Mogwai

for that money I would find the bit extra and go for the GTS? or even the other silver 997.2 which is lower mileage and newer

I can go and have a look at it for you if you like and do face time as not far from me.

will send you a pm and let me know if I can help.

Thanks folks, what a helpful bunch.

Unfortunately we're a fair bit away at the moment for a price to change.

I won't look at a PDK car, I've had one and currently driving S-tronic and I am going back to a manual.

If we can get to a deal I'll maybe give you a shout NLW73.

I was hoping since they've had it 5 months then they would be looking to shift it.

sure let me know. they tend to be lower priced than others and they do shift a lot of cars there too

their trade in tends to be lower and the market is on its ass at the moment. prices are dropping as is the price of yours in trade in.

Mogwai said:
Thanks.

From looking at Autotrader and Pistonheads I know it's certainly at the upper end of 997.2's

I'm hoping they'll do a cracking deal + trade in on my car. Phase 2 manuals are very hard to find.

It's a the upper end of my budget too so won't stretch to £45k as I want to get off any PCP roundabout.

If the car is sound and they drop it a fair bit I might just go for it.

Mogwai

Shame as the 4S at 911v looks smashing, genuine Sport classic alloys too :grin: Worth noting the Ashgood's car is missing the most desirable extra on a 997.2 (The PSE)

I've been offered a 1/2 decent price to change. Unfortunately I'd need to go pick it up. I'm in Aberdeen so it would be a long ass trip. Would give me a chance to get to know the car I guess.

I'd have liked the PSE but by all accounts it's not that great. Will need to look into gundo hack and sharkwerks/topgear bypass.

NLW73. If you have time and inclination then by all means go have a look and drop me a PM and let me know what you think. No worries if you don't have time.

Need to make my mind up, have said I'd call them on Monday.

Mogwai said:
Unfortunately I'd need to go pick it up. I'm in Aberdeen so it would be a long ass trip. Would give me a chance to get to know the car I guess.

Glass half full moment :D

Pick it up Friday 7th, stop off in Manchester for the night, go to the Chester meet on the Sunday morning, then drive back after that :drink:

Thank me later :thumb:

Ashgood are a good company to deal with, in life if you want something sometimes you need to travel for it.

It actually a simple journey, I am based in Aberdeen and do it often, their easy to find and the kettle is always on unlike many car dealers now, if the deals right you will not regret it.

Call them on Monday and see what they say

I can then pop down over and give it the once over

Don't rule out the boggo 997.2 carrera. There was a white manual one on AT a couple of weeks ago with FPSH & sports seats well within your budget.

Seem to be more manuals in c2 form than c2s.

There's one at £39k at cavendish, black c2s, FPSH + Porsche warranty!

Called Ashgoods this morning to have a chat about a few other things (registration, servicing etc.) and before I knew it, I was reading out my credit card number for the deposit.

Happy days. One 997.2s incoming.

I would have considered the boggo 997.2, but would have wanted PASM and a few other bits and bobs that are standard on the S.

Finding a non black, non PDK gen 2 car is quite hard, so I thought given the price to change was pretty good it was an opportunity I didn't want to miss.

Now off to look at how to make it noisier and howl like my Boxster RS60 did (impossible I know).

Thanks for all the advice.

Mogwai.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back