Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Radiator Grilles

Hi Tony,

Hmm, not sure what to say - I've no experience of this company's products and most people (including me) tend to choose Zunsport - being well established and UK based.

I'm always dubious of company websites that don't take the opportunity give as much info on their company history, or a bricks and mortar address at the bottom of the page or on their Contact Us page. Edit: It's in their T&Cs - Naperville, USA.

Product wise, it's not very informative about the materials; they say bumper removal isn't necessary but on the 997.1 page, the side grills are held in tape with zip ties :eek: and the centre rad fixing says about using 3M tape....the video shows the grill being stuck to the car with 3M tape. Personally I wouldn't rely on that. It's surprising just how much the bumper flexes during travel, especially with our poor roads, so IMHO a more secure solid mounting is needed.

I purchased the Zunsport grills to protect the rads on my 991.1 but wasn't completely happy. These things are pretty basic but being an engineer myself, I found the materials to be pretty good but the manufacture of the grill sections (especially their size and shape) didn't fit the 991.1 as well as they could and the fixing method wasn't as good as it could have been - despite the promises of 'easy fitting'. On my 991.1 4S I had to re-profile the curvature and add two extra screws to the upper outer grills to fix them securely and a screw to the bottom of the front 'radiator' panel, to prevent it pushing inwards when washing the car.

They now fit well but the design could be improved and if I did it again I might look elsewhere for an alternative.

HTH :)

I have to say I prefer grilles that are rear mounted bumper off its a bit more faff but job looks so much better and you are then able to use cheap sheet mesh cut and bend to fit. and also choose the mesh weave design. :thumb:

TonyC911 said:
Hello Porsche people of the interwebs,

I spotted this company recently... just wondered if anyone had any experience of their products?

https://www.radiatorgrillstore.com/

Hi Tony, in answer to your question, far to expensive for what they are!
I bought the mesh, cut to shape removed my front bumper and fitted myself and while in there did some preventative maintenance aswell.

Did my brothers Boxster a few weeks latter aswell.

We have a garage and repair restore and race historic race cars, if you can get to Essex we'd be happy to do it for you!

Lee997 said:
TonyC911 said:
Hello Porsche people of the interwebs,

I spotted this company recently... just wondered if anyone had any experience of their products?

https://www.radiatorgrillstore.com/

We have a garage and repair restore and race historic race cars, if you can get to Essex we'd be happy to do it for you!

Thanks Lee, that's a very, very kind offer!

I was mostly asking for a non-mechanically minded friend, for his 991.1

In fact, I was actually inspired by your previous post where you showed your install. So I had a go myself! :thumbs:

Attachments

• 20191124_162932_200_177.jpg
    20191124_162932_200_177.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,427

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back