Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mobile speed camera

Slayer

Estoril
Possibly clocked twice in 2 weeks. 46 in a 40 and 44 in 40 zone!
Devon and Cornwall folks, just be aware that they are out !
Worry for next 3-4 weeks 🙄

you should know within 14 days unless the cars are registered elsewhere on the V5's :wink:

jonttt said:
you should know within 14 days unless the cars are registered elsewhere on the V5's :wink:
Did not expect them to be out in this nice weather 😂

If those numbers were showing on the speedometer you have some reason to be hopeful. Good luck.

I saw a tactic I've not seen before today on the A65 in North Yorkshire. Two vans parked about 500 yards apart.

I assume their thinking is that once you think you're out of the line of sight of one you have just passed, some people feel safe to put their foot down, thinking there won't be another just round the next bend. Well, today there was. Thankfully, I was obeying the speed limit, as I always do. But I bet it caught one or two out.

Indicated or on the SatNav?!

Is that force under the '10% + 9' rule? If so, nay bother I'd imagine.

As a guy I knew that was a police officer said....

'You don't know what buffer was decided upon that day. You don't know if they are just getting started or packing up. Or if they're having a break".

So in short, I'd not worry too much. Never fun though is it.

991.2GTS said:
I saw a tactic I've not seen before today on the A65 in North Yorkshire. Two vans parked about 500 yards apart.

I assume their thinking is that once you think you're out of the line of sight of one you have just passed, some people feel safe to put their foot down, thinking there won't be another just round the next bend. Well, today there was. Thankfully, I was obeying the speed limit, as I always do. But I bet it caught one or two out.

Sneaky rotten ba5tards!

That reminds me of the classic ambush. Detonate bomb close to safe cover area. Everyone runs to safe cover area. Where there's another bomb waiting.

Keeping things light and cheery :lol:

The return of Marty Wild said:
Keeping things light and cheery :lol:

Ha ha, aim to please :wink:

The return of Marty Wild said:
Indicated or on the SatNav?!

Is that force under the '10% + 9' rule? If so, nay bother I'd imagine.

As a guy I knew that was a police officer said....

'You don't know what buffer was decided upon that day. You don't know if they are just getting started or packing up. Or if they're having a break".

So in short, I'd not worry too much. Never fun though is it.

It was speedo reading.

991.2GTS said:

Sneaky indeed. Saw this on the A74 many years ago.

It was speedo reading.[/quote]

Nothing to worry about you'll be fine.👍👍

It was speedo

You get 10% plus 2 mph
40 mph speed limit you'll start getting fines at approx indicated 49 mph plus or minus 1mph

bennyy said:
It was speedo

You get 10% plus 2 mph
40 mph speed limit you'll start getting fines at approx indicated 49 mph plus or minus 1mph

NIP arrived. The rule did not apply. The letter said 47 at 40 mph!
Hope the next one does not turn up. It was a bit harsh..

Slayer said:
bennyy said:
It was speedo

You get 10% plus 2 mph

NIP arrived. The rule did not apply. The letter said 47 at 40 mph!
Hope the next one does not turn up. It was a bit harsh..

But to be convicted of 47 in a 40 you must have been doing an indicated 50mph, plus or minus 1 mph

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back