Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

718 GTS 4.0 spotted in the wild...

Would be nice. Only 20 horses down 😀

As a 2.5l GTS owner I have to say I think porsche are making a really bad decision :hand: Next they will be releasing an air cooled version.

Oh boy now I have to explain the new car I accidentally ordered to my missus.

Are they manual only?

I think I might be tempted by one of these. Now on the configurator starring at £65k, which is a healthy saving on the GT4.

Bet there'll be some cracking deals on the outgoing 4 pot 718 range. They'll struggle to shift them even more so now.... :eek:

isysman said:
mikeluke said:
Are they manual only?

I doubt it as they are even going to offer the Spyder with a PDK

Manual only, for the launch phase at least, PDK will come later.

Have to say that I'd really like one of these.....

pzero said:
isysman said:
mikeluke said:
Are they manual only?

I doubt it as they are even going to offer the Spyder with a PDK

Manual only, for the launch phase at least, PDK will come later.

I can spec PDK on the configurator. I've already made contact with my dealer.

Evidence that nearly new (c100 mile or less) 4 pots are seeing 20-25% discounts ie loaded up and selling at base price so options free +.........

it was always on the cards ....will obviously hit 718 prices but also 981's as I think a lot of people will now (finally) jump over :thumb:

I have to admit it was a factor on my offloading the 981 GTS ie would have been easier to justify it being a keeper if Porsche where not goinmg to backtrack and offer 6 cylinder on the 718 platform :wink:

ps makes the 718 name a bit of a mockery now :grin:

Thanks for bringing me down to earth on the value of my 981....

Brief but praiseworthy article in February's edition of Evo concerning the new718 GTS.
Heavily critical in its disparagement of existing Boxster and Cayman non GTS models.
Pretty much echoing the thoughts above, including confirmation that the manual gearbox is the only transmission currently offered.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back