Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Talk me out of selling my 981 Boxster S and buying a 991 GTS

OK so I have had an idea about what to do and it involves keeping there car! I'll say more once I work out the details. Possibly a very exciting development. Stay tuned...

[quote

My lady keeps saying I need to get a practical car as well. So at this moment I'm thinking to keep the Boxster and get a regular car for The boring stuff. But I'm sure I'll change my mind again this time tomorrow[/quote]

What she said - I am on Boxster number 2, which is a GR GTS and I love it.
My other car is an old RR TDV8 which is now creeping up to 160k miles, so when it goes pop, I will change it.

I don't think 2 911s is a good bet.

isysman said:
OK so I have had an idea about what to do and it involves keeping there car! I'll say more once I work out the details. Possibly a very exciting development. Stay tuned...

Good stuff. It saves me from having to point out that since you already have a hard topped 911 in your life then it would be fundamentally wrong for your other car not to be some kind of convertible... :thumb:

So the plan is just basically 3 Porsche's??.... :grin: :worship: :floor: :dont know: Awesome idea if so....

isysman said:

Good stuff, your old thread deserved a sequel :)

spongebob squarepants said:
Johnd52 said:
Why change? 991 is 'just another Porsche' that you would have to start modifying to make it an interesting ownership proposition. It is too close to the 997. Keep going with the boxer mods.

Sort of agree :grin: But the 991 isnt a 997! The boxster 981 is pretty amazing lets be honest, but it's not a 911... Hence why you're thinking what you're thinking :dont know:

991.1 Targa GTS, plenty of power even with the crazy targa roof, which makes for a proper GT convertible with room for 4, and you keep the amazing 981 soundtrack. The 991 sounds epic, with the roof off? can only be double epic. Rumour has it they are even available in yellow, and Clarkson cant be wrong :wink:

keyboardtest

Must say the Targa GTS is growing on me. Looks mint.... But 85k for a good un... :?: Where's the calculator? Or 991 GT3? Jesus.... :)

Stop the press!

This has stopped me in my tracks! I feel a new car coming...

Norfolk & Idea said:
Must say the Targa GTS is growing on me. Looks mint.... But 85k for a good un... :?: Where's the calculator? Or 991 GT3? Jesus.... :)

I love the 991.1 Targa. It was the only car turning my head when I got the 997.2 from the OPC but I couldn't afford it back then: it was brand new, not yet depreciated, and beyond my means.

OK gents this new Boxster has really thrown a spanner in the works for me. I have been on the hotline with Porsche this morning and they can't give me much info about delivery dates etc.

But I am really tempted to put down a deposit, as my plan which I was going to keep secret and then post on here was to take my car and put a 3.8 litre engine in it. Well here is a 4.0 already done by Porsche.

I have to say the performance figures are a little pathetic for a 4.0 engine. They are quoting 4.5 seconds to 60 and 400ps. That's the same as the current car. But with the PDK it will be more like 4 seconds. And then after I fit an exhaust it will sound glorious!

What to do?

isysman said:
OK gents this new Boxster has really thrown a spanner in the works for me. I have been on the hotline with Porsche this morning and they can't give me much info about delivery dates etc.

But I am really tempted to put down a deposit, as my plan which I was going to keep secret and then post on here was to take my car and put a 3.8 litre engine in it. Well here is a 4.0 already done by Porsche.

I have to say the performance figures are a little pathetic for a 4.0 engine. They are quoting 4.5 seconds to 60 and 400ps. That's the same as the current car. But with the PDK it will be more like 4 seconds. And then after I fit an exhaust it will sound glorious!

What to do?

Very nice! Presumably this could easily be tuned to be so much more? (AKA Carrera T)

The 981, IMHO, is one of the best cars Porsche have ever produced. Real value for money and that PSE coupled with PDK.....Superb.
I'd stay put. :thumb:

I've placed a deposit on a new 718 Boxster GTS 4.0

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back