Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve decided to expand on the GT3C theme. Just for fun.

OCD kicking in. Yeah, that might be a problem here too.

But I wonder if bolting them down might have improved the fit. I know they won't really flex but.....

I wonder if the internal mating angles might be out. I guess I can adjust these but if the side profile is way out, I might be in trouble.

Looks like this thread might be busy over the weekend.

Get your popcorn 🍿 orders in. Salted, toffee or sweet? :popcorn:

C11BRA said:
OCD kicking in. Yeah, that might be a problem here too.

But I wonder if bolting them down might have improved the fit. I know they won't really flex but.....

I wonder if the internal mating angles might be out. I guess I can adjust these but if the side profile is way out, I might be in trouble.

Looks like this thread might be busy over the weekend.

Get your popcorn 🍿 orders in. Salted, toffee or sweet? :popcorn:

This is what ive done, cut the bolts off and chuck em as far as you can, then place the air vents on the spoiler then using masking tape to stick on the out line of the air vents and when you think its in right then usr black Tiger Seal and leave for a good solid dau to dry, as my car isnt my first car so being in the garage i left it for a week and came out solid as a rock!!

Cheers

J

DONT DRILL HOLES !!

i bought the carbon ram air duct for the deck lid on my 6.2 gt3, it came from design 911.

it was an ok item but it needed prep and flattening and then had it painted as it would have stuck out like a sort thumb

with some prep and fiddling around am sure you can make it work.

Hmmmm.

Not sure how the hell I'm meant to tighten the nuts on these scoops if I do drill the holes.

Do these grommets give access on the GT3 deck lid?

Actually. By removing the fan, you can actually get to most areas inside.

So. Here's a GT3 lid showing the scoop bolt holes & the extra 4 small slots used as part of the ram air system.

I have decided to remove some of the studs from my vents so I have one at each corner. I want the option to swap between my carbon fibre & painted intakes. So bonding them down was not an option.

Brave or stupid. You decide.

Fan removed. Established that the fan sucks cool air into the engine bay, rather than extracts as you might think.

Marked up and ready to drill. Note 4 small extra vent slots marked out as per factory GT3 design.

Very impressed with the fit of the painted scoops.

Carbon scoops are just as nice.

Deep breath. I decided to adjust the shape of the 4 slots (now GT3C spec 😂)
& I proceeded to hack up my perfectly good spoiler.

Happy with the fit.

You can just see the extra slots beyond the main heat vent.

I am looking into channelling the rear slot air into a ram intake system that lines up with the air filter intake. Watch this space.

Nice job, braver than me. Will you add mesh to the extra holes?

Nice job,The fit of the scoops looks spot on . look forward to seeing how you ram air the two scoops, and if you decide to open the second hole up and use the 997.2 air ducts into a gen2 air box or if you take another route . If you do go the gen2 air box route you will need a slightly flexible silicon tube to connect the TB as its set at a very slightly different angle to the gen1 . originally I had gen2 twin air ducts feeding a fabspeed twin cone performance induction kit that would also be an option :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2610_104.jpg
    img_2610_104.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 2,585
Hi Stuart.

Good point. Hadn't got that far. But yes. And I think I have some that I ordered to make front rad grilles.

Still trying to figure out how to duct the air to the snorkel Phil. Hoping to route all 4 new slots to the just intake. The new vents/slots are the ones that would trap air and cause a high pressure area. The original vents will probably be unaffected by the new scoops due to there forward position. The new slots are deep into the scoops and air will be forced into this area at speed.

Stuart.

Vent grill fitted.

So here's a quick couple of photos of the stage 1 process of the carbon fade idea. The paint shop has applied the special directional transparency coat and faded it to the rear. The 2nd stage is adding the Porsche body colour over the front tips. So, the plan is...... from the front (looking under the upper wing) the ducts will look like factory painted spec. From the rear, the carbon weave will be just visible. Why?

Why not. Just for fun.

Oh. And the GRP set needed......er. Quite a bit of fillering.

Although I should be concentrating on the exhaust project at the moment, I do have a habit of multi tasking. It's going to be a challenge diverting the ram air from the newly cut slots. I have cut a piece of carbon fibre tube that perfectly encompasses the snorkel outlet. Now I need to control the air so it feeds this pipe. The challenge is to not obscure the original vents (so not to affect the heat removal from the original design. But also that I need to be able to access the nuts for the original vent grilles & also the new scoop nuts.

I love a challenge.

I've parked the ram air idea for the moment. I think it's do-able but I really want to get the exhaust completed.

Whilst I was re-fitting the air box, I did notice a mesh panel at the bottom of the box. Is this to allow rain water collected by the intake snorkel to drain? I would need to seal this to produce the ram air effect (and introduce a different drain idea).

Whilst the main spoiler blade is off, I though I would refurbish the brackets and make an adjustable bracket for the rear (non GT3) position.
So, I found a bag of machined brackets in my workshop and with an hour after work I quickly machined the countersunk holes, shortened them then added a coat of body colour and the obligatory GT3C logo. Just because.

I really like the carbon fade on the scoops , it adds a touch of personality to the car but I am worried for your bank account as I can see the next thing being getting a carbon wing blade and adding the same carbon fade effect to that :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back