Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 (poss 997.2) GT3 owners. Can I ask a favour?

C11BRA

Suzuka
Hello. I have just bought these for my Frankenstein monster.

Could anyone measure this gap for me? Looks like 10-20mm??

Thanks in advance.

It's a bit chilly out tonight, but will get out to the garage and measure this up tomorrow unless someone else beats me to it :thumb:

Roro said:
I'm a bit confused by the '10-20mm". You mean cm, the gap between the two green circles in the pic?

I think he means the gap between the top edge of the duct points (the top of the U) and the top of the engine cover.

T8 said:
Roro said:
I'm a bit confused by the '10-20mm". You mean cm, the gap between the two green circles in the pic?

I think he means the gap between the top edge of the duct points (the top of the U) and the top of the engine cover.

Ah I see ok thanks will have a look tomorrow 8)

Thanks guys.

Yeah. Where the tips are close to the edge of the engine cover.

More like 10mm looking at the photo again. But would appreciate any data.

Thanks again.

Brilliant. Thank you.

I make it 8mm on the gen 2 (since you had a gen 2 deck in your picture).

Hmmmm.

Not sure how the hell I'm meant to tighten the nuts on these scoops if I do drill the holes.

Do these grommets give access on the GT3 deck lid?

I'd be inclined to remove those bolts & use Tigerseal to afix to the decklid. That's how my RS scoop is fixed on my 996 & it's been there for 10 years without coming off.

If you decide in future you don't like them, you can remove. Bolt holes not so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back