Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hens' teeth or cabriolets?

angryjonny said:
So before I joined this forum I'd assumed that the ratio of 911 hardtops to cabriolets wasn't far off 50:50. Maybe 60:40. And then I come on here and there's almost no evidence that a 997 cab ever even existed.

Where are they all? Are they really that rare or is it more that 911uk members are a bit more hardcore and like the chassis-stiffness and trackday non-weird-lookingness of a hardtop? And us cab owners are posers who have never bothered with sport-mode? For me, hoofing down country lanes with the roof down is a joy that comes second only to doing similar on my motorbike.

Aaanyway, thoughts welcome. And cabriolet owners, come out of your shells and show me your chariots.

I'll go first.

There's loads on Pistonbroke. Never been a fan of the ragtop, I do think they look pretty cool but a bit too puffy for me. Chicks look good in them.
I do like the 991 Targa GTS though. Beautiful! :)

I'm another Cab lover..........wouldn't be without one but we are a rare breed.

Attachments

• img_3294a_149.jpg
    img_3294a_149.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 3,927
Would never be without a cab. Have the roof down at every opportunity. I have a sharkwerks exhaust fitted and it sounds far better with he roof down.

Attachments

• img_1555_804.jpg
    img_1555_804.jpg
    965.7 KB · Views: 3,930
Also never any issue with performance.

Attachments

• img_2072_285.jpg
    img_2072_285.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,922
Norfolk & Idea said:
I do think they look pretty cool but a bit too puffy for me.

What's puffy mean?

arifg said:

That looks nice. Is that a gen 2 with a misleading number plate? And Kline tips?

Norfolk & Idea said:
There's loads on Pistonbroke. Never been a fan of the ragtop, I do think they look pretty cool but a bit too puffy for me. Chicks look good in them.
Yeah I spent a few years in South Yorkshire and I wouldn't bother with a cabrio either. 4x4, Amphicar and a snowmobile, probably. Maybe something with a gun turret.

"Puffy" here means "bloated" I assume.

As in C4S I suppose. :dont know:

angryjonny said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Yeah I spent a few years in South Yorkshire and I wouldn't bother with a cabrio either. 4x4, Amphicar and a snowmobile, probably. Maybe something with a gun turret.

"Puffy" here means "bloated" I assume.

Ha ha ha, yeah 66mm anti tank. And no, not bloated. :lol:

Ah you mean 'gay', how did I not guess :damn:

Shoulda told Hitler that when he skirted around in his!

Two things you need to drive a cabrio, apparently:

1: Comfort in one's own sexuality.
2: A full head of hair.
...or 2a: A hat.

The only thing I'm conscious of when I'm driving it is inflicting my musical taste on the unfortunate souls nearby.

WHEN IT'S TIME TO PARTY WE WILL PARTY HARD

:thumbs: 10/10!

Yes Gen 2 it is.

Norfolk & Idea said:
arifg said:

That looks nice. Is that a gen 2 with a misleading number plate? And Kline tips?

There's something about a cabrio that seems to bring out the worst in people, but my formative experiences in a 911 were all in an open top.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back