Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996/986 (Both Gens) HID Retrofit Group Buy

Me too! I've always had 996.2 litronics until the current one which is 996.2 halogens....can't see jack at night time! :)

Thanks

996.2 halogens, no washers.

can you put me down for a set please

996.1 with Litrnonics already
the ultimo ones please
would also like new bulbs (not sure what colour rating? what is the standard? or standard on a modern car....my '18 T6 has the factory LED headlights which are ace, would like to achieve similar on the 996)
Plus a set of the LED sidelight bulbs to match.

laurence.

Right oh, more people added. Looks like we could be lucky enough to have at least 10% off.

Do we have any more interest out there?!

Marty

worth chucking a quick reminder on the 996 section - just n case their are members on there that never look here...??

Osh

Osh, is the original thread not in the 996 forum?

We need an update from our good friend across the water.

Could be interested depends on the closing date and if I decide to keep my car

I could certainly get involved with this. Please let me know what cost etc is once all confirmed. It's for my 2005 996 turbo

Added, up to 15% off if this goes through. I am attempting to get Wouter to come back on so we can't take the next step.

I ordered and received the 996.1 Ultimo kit for Litronics lights

- I'm in the process of sending them back

As far as I can tell, the bracket supplied forces the projector to be mounted upside down. Even mounted the right way up, some of the housing has to be ground away to allow clearance for the bi-xenon motor/actuator

Not too fussed about the clearance issue (although it should be mentioned by them). But I don't see how to resolve the fact that the bracket places the projectors upside down. I may be an idiot and this isn't the case, but so far Retrofitlab haven't come back to prove me wrong.

Don't get me wrong. With the right brackets I would fit them. For the group buy I would pointedly discuss with them first

The following image is my point. The Bosch projectors are mounted via 3 points, with 2 points at the top. If you compare the hole locations/orientation on the bracket you can see that the supplied projector has to be inverted/rotated to fit....?! :dont know:

Would be good to have some clarification, thanks for mentioning it, Demon.

If the group buy is still open, and we can get clarification on the fitting, then I'm in.

996.2 halogens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back