Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel offset help needed

Parsley

Hi folks, do you know if an 11" rear rim with an et51 offset will fit the rear of a 996 C2.2 (narrow body)

Someone is selling a set of standard 996 wheels but they are 8" and 11"?? I'm just not sure what is what and have read loads. I'm slightly confused if I'm honest. I'm currently non 19" wheels and wanted a standard looking set. Many thanks for any help.

As HSC911 said - willtheyfit.com is very good :thumb:

I also use Wheel Size.com to establish what the factory fitment and offset is for a vehicle, before considering what changes might be possible.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/porsche/911/

Just select the model, year, engine size, find your current wheel diameter and then click on the '+' symbol to see the factory front/rear wheel size and offset.

Wheel Size also have a 'Tire Calculator' at the top of the webpage - similar to willtheyfit but a bit more comprehensive with more info and alternative options - saves ages working it all out.

I also use Wheel Size.com to establish what the factory fitment and offset is for a vehicle, before considering what changes might be possible.

Just select the model, year, engine size, find your current wheel diameter and then click on the '+' symbol to see the factory front/rear wheel size and offset.

Wheel Size also have a 'Tire Calculator' at the top of the webpage - similar to willtheyfit but a bit more comprehensive with more info and alternative options - saves ages working it all out.

Dammit said:
I hope so, my new wheels are ET 50 and 11" at the rear, going on a narrow body 996.1.

Ah, what size tyres are you going for? I'd be interested to hear how they fit!!

911Time said:

Ok cheers for that I'll look.

For reference a NB 996.2 GT3 runs 11.0j x 18" rears with an offset of ET63.
The wheels you are looking at with an ET51 will be 12mm closer to the outside arch. I'd wager that 12mm may be a tad too much with the correct size tyres and you may need to tickle (roll) the arches to avoid rubbing. :thumb:

C.

I had a look on willtheyfit but will need to find out the offset of the rear wheels that are on it at the moment. The problem is there are 265/30/19 on the rear but on what I suspect are 11" rims. The rear tyres are so pulled in it looks stupid and gives a very hard ride. I'm wanting to either put a 285 section rear on so it does not look silly (hope they don't catch) or go back to 18" wheels.

Parsley said:
I had a look on willtheyfit but will need to find out the offset of the rear wheels that are on it at the moment. The problem is there are 265/30/19 on the rear but on what I suspect are 11" rims. The rear tyres are so pulled in it looks stupid and gives a very hard ride. I'm wanting to either put a 285 section rear on so it does not look silly (hope they don't catch) or go back to 18" wheels.

Hi Parsley, for your current setup take a look at the link I gave earlier and then you can either use the WheelSize or WillTheyFit calculator.

HTH :)

911Time said:
Parsley said:

Hi Parsley, for your current setup take a look at the link I gave earlier and then you can either use the WheelSize or WillTheyFit calculator.

HTH :)

Ok cheers will do

cableguy said:
For reference a NB 996.2 GT3 runs 11.0j x 18" rears with an offset of ET63.
The wheels you are looking at with an ET51 will be 12mm closer to the outside arch. I'd wager that 12mm may be a tad too much with the correct size tyres and you may need to tickle (roll) the arches to avoid rubbing. :thumb:

C.

Thanks a million mate, great help.

Sites like 'will they fit' will only tel you the difference in offset, not if they will actually fit your car.

Standard off sets are pretty conservative, which is why you can easily run a 15mm spacer on a 10" et65.... effectively making it et50.

But an 11" et50 (the equivalent of a 10" et 37) is going to be very tight unless you roll the rear arches - 996.2's arches are rolled, but 996.1's have a c.10mm lip inside the arch. Alternatively, you may be able to run more camber, or run a narrower tyre to stop them rubbing (something like a 275.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back