Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOLD Eisenmann 996 valved sports exhaust boxes, as new.

Scully

Silverstone
Hi,

I've got a pair of Eisenmann stainless steel valved sports exhaust boxes to suit a 911 996 non turbo for sale, in as new condition. These boxes include fitting kit and a key fob actuation system if you don't have the button on the dash. Straight swap for original PSE boxes and actuation mechanism if you do.

I've had them in my garage for a couple of years and have now fitted an original replacement set of PSE boxes, so need for these.

Cost over £1700 new, accept £800 to get them out of my garage.

Ideally buyer collects (Bristol area, 15 mins from M5 J17), as they're pretty heavy.

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• 5_422.jpg
    5_422.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 1,556
  • 4_941.jpg
    4_941.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,556
  • 3_917.jpg
    3_917.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,556
  • 2_760.jpg
    2_760.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,556
  • 1_570.jpg
    1_570.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,556
Hi, forgive my ignorance, but would that fit the 997 3.6?

Stoddy.

Can you retro fit the switch and then use a dashmounted switch? or is that only possible with a car that had PSE as standard

Not sure? I'll try and ring out.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Stoddy.

JBianchi said:
Can you retro fit the switch and then use a dashmounted switch? or is that only possible with a car that had PSE as standard

Yes, you can buy the wiring kit from Porsche and there's a TSB that explains how to install it as it was available as dealer fit.

Sorry, just to be sure, it'll fit the 997.1. 3.6. ?

Stoddy.

:dont know:

Hey, I'm interested for my 2001 C2 Cab Tip.

Can you confirm that everyone is included in this sale that is required to fit and get it working (all electricals, brackets for solenoids, vacuum pipes, controller, etc)?

Thanks!

:thumb:

youngsyr said:

Can you confirm that everyone is included in this sale that is required to fit and get it working (all electricals, brackets for solenoids, vacuum pipes, controller, etc)?

Thanks!

Hi, TBH I'm not sure. Everything you see in the pictures is included. My car has pse from the factory, so the parts in the bag/ box weren't used. I think the set up is for fitting to a car that doesn't have pse, such that the valve is operated by the key fob. Or, as suggested above, you can retro fit the Porsche set up with the dash switch.

Let me know if you've got any more questions. Happy to take more photos of the bits in the bag.

Cheers

Dave

Stoddy said:

Stoddy.

Sorry, i don't know. I bought them for my 996 and that's what the plate on the side says.

Cheers

Dave

Scully said:
Stoddy said:

Stoddy.

Sorry, i don't know. I bought them for my 996 and that's what the plate on the side says.

Cheers

Dave

No worries, I'll do a bit of digging but I'm in the thick of it at the moment with suspension concerns, oh and a leaky door seal!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Stoddy :thumbs:

Scully said:
youngsyr said:

Thanks!

Hi, TBH I'm not sure. Everything you see in the pictures is included. My car has pse from the factory, so the parts in the bag/ box weren't used. I think the set up is for fitting to a car that doesn't have pse, such that the valve is operated by the key fob. Or, as suggested above, you can retro fit the Porsche set up with the dash switch.

Let me know if you've got any more questions. Happy to take more photos of the bits in the bag.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for getting back to me. :)

I think these are available in two sound level versions: sport or race and I think yours are the race version.

Have you had these fitted to your car and if so, how would you describe the volume level compared to stock - is it slightly louder, significantly louder or extremely louder?

youngsyr said:
Scully said:
youngsyr said:

Thanks!

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for getting back to me. :)

I think these are available in two sound level versions: sport or race and I think yours are the race version.

Have you had these fitted to your car and if so, how would you describe the volume level compared to stock - is it slightly louder, significantly louder or extremely louder?

Yes, I did have them on my car, for about three months. They developed a rattle on one side, so I sent them back to the factory. A bit of weld had come off inside, which they repaired. My original pse boxes were still working, so I never got around to putting them back on.

Sound wise I'd say they are slightly louder than the originals, but not significantly. I'm only aware of one version, which I think are these: http://www.eisenmann.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1314

Cheers

Dave

...having said that, there are two options on the web site, as you said. I'm sure when I bought mine, there was only one. Anyway, the sound they make is fine for the road and not excessively loud.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back