Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Thanks for arranging the discount and sourcing them Justin! :thumbs:

Stoddy said:
Where'd you get the programming for the sunroof and windows mate?
Had it on my 996, but not on the 997?

Cheers!

Stoddy :thumbs:

Stoddy - PIWIS can be used to code for windows open &/or close on key or remote.

Don't think the sunroof coding does this, but there is an add-on that can open & close the convertible roof. Can't recall what it's called, auto top or similar perhaps?
Hth

Replacement HID/Xenon bulbs

I bought and changed over the old HID xenon bulbs (2007 car) to Osram night breaker - Laser Xenarc. D2S fitting. Lights are now much brighter. Colour is pretty much the same as Philips set that I took out. Easy DIY job.

Whilst I had the left headlight unit out, I saw a hose had disconnected. I reconnected it and now my headlamp washers squirt water again!

Re: Replacement HID/Xenon bulbs

JT888 said:
I bought and changed over the old HID xenon bulbs (2007 car) to Osram night breaker - Laser Xenarc. D2S fitting. Lights are now much brighter. Colour is pretty much the same as Philips set that I took out. Easy DIY job.

Whilst I had the left headlight unit out, I saw a hose had disconnected. I reconnected it and now my headlamp washers squirt water again!

This is interesting. At Xmas I was in the depths of the Essex countryside and noticed how crap my lights are in my 2007 997. This could be a great upgrade.
Now for a potentially silly question - How do I check if these bulbs will be right for my car?

JT888 said:

This sounds good!! Is there a link to the purchase of the bulbs, i.e. ebay etc or a bulb part number please could do with a light brightness upgrade :grin:

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
JT888 said:

This sounds good!! Is there a link to the purchase of the bulbs, i.e. ebay etc or a bulb part number please could do with a light brightness upgrade :grin:

Cheers

J
Assume these are the ones:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/XENARC-BREAKER-brightness-discharge-66240XNL-HCB/dp/B07FYTN7VF

Ordered the Osram night breaker - Laser Xenarc.
Should arrive tomorrow, hopefully in day light. Then I can fit an test Monday.

Fulla said:
-- 997 -- said:
JT888 said:

Cheers

J
Assume these are the ones:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/XENARC-BREAKER-brightness-discharge-66240XNL-HCB/dp/B07FYTN7VF

Cheers 😁👍 ill look into them!! I have xenon in my 2005, these are ok to fit?

Cheers

J

Xenon bulb replacement -tip

Tools you'll need.
Headlamp removal tool from car toolkit.
Philips head screwdriver.
Remove portion of front trunk side liner to reveal rubber bung. Remove bung, insert headlamp tool, release headlamp with what sounds like a nasty clunk.

Philips screwdriver to remove 4 screws at back of headlamp unit. Remove back cover by pressing in tabs. Twist off silver braided plug from back of bulb to give some slack to cables to get back cover out of the way. Pinch the wire retainer and hinge out. Remove old bulb. Open packaging for n
ew bulb but don't touch the bulb glass! Place new bulb in by handling only the base of the bulb. Replace all connectors, covers and headlamp unit back in car. Wash plastic headlamp with plastic polish to best see the new light!

Just replaced all my C2S's interior bulbs with LED equivalents, the engine bay, frunk, glovebox, footwells, interior lamps and kerb lights. Those kerb lights can be awkward buggers to remove!

Cannop said:
Just replaced all my C2S's interior bulbs with LED equivalents, the engine bay, frunk, glovebox, footwells, interior lamps and kerb lights. Those kerb lights can be awkward buggers to remove!

Where is the best place to obtain the leds?

I bought my 997 a new Bosch battery as the previous one wasn't taking charge after a month of no activity.

Kettmark said:
Where is the best place to obtain the leds?

I bought mine here as a kit, you also get a spare ceiling light and engine bay/trunk bulb.

I bought a set of OZ Ultraleggera's!:)

Attachments

• d5c3b5d0_f213_42bd_aa44_974327419666_327.jpeg
    d5c3b5d0_f213_42bd_aa44_974327419666_327.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 4,269

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back