Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

LOL, just finished building ours, I mean, my son's one from Xmas :grin:

Bugatti Chiron started today too so that's the next 5 months taken up :frustrated:

:thumb:

I Spent an enjoyable few evenings building my Lego RSR inbetween Christmas and new year :thumb:

I thought yours would have working lights though Tom, not rolled accident damage (roof line) :hand: :floor:

jezgreen911 said:
I thought yours would have working lights though Tom, not rolled accident damage (roof line) :hand: :floor:

Haha! I didn't notice the roof until after I took the photo! I did look at the light kits for them. Anyone else fitted them? Also where do you keep yours? The missus said no to the living room...

911tom said:
jezgreen911 said:

Haha! I didn't notice the roof until after I took the photo! I did look at the light kits for them. Anyone else fitted them? Also where do you keep yours? The missus said no to the living room...

It's on a shelf...... in the shed! :frustrated:

Recent expenditure for mine includes a service with 10-50 millers, a Center Gravity suspension health check (which showed despite 116k miles I didn't need to get new dampers, hurrah!) but have just ordered 3 rear upper control arms, a coffin arm for the back and a tuning fork arm for the front.

Mum and Dad also kindly bought me an alu look fuel filler cap for Xmas, so that's worthy of mention.

:floor: at Tom's roof.

Working lights :dont know: It should have a working motor AND heated seat :grin:

Anyone wonder why it has the stupid loose bit in the middle of the windscreen :? Is it supposed to be a wiper blade :dont know:

The wing end plates are a bit flimsy too :roll:

The boy has an ikea 4x4 shelf thing for all his lego, works a treat :thumb:

Nice new Bosch S5 battery (£105 from ECP) :D

Need a front hollow spoke now though as mine is buckled :roll:

Hi Jin,,,,how the hell did you buckle your wheel? I am sure you have loads of nice options in stock !!!

FRP said:
Hi Jin,,,,how the hell did you buckle your wheel? I am sure you have loads of nice options in stock !!!

God knows, may go turbo size GT3 wheels like Teffers :dont know:

Unless someone has a set of BBS LM's :D

Now I have found Postimage I can put up pics :thumbs:

Suspension I had to change when I had my service:

Boy was happy!

New top mounts
New bump stops
New engine mounts
New gaitors
New tuning forks
New drop links

Turbo rebuilds
New design tek exhaust
New heat shields
New Forge actuators
New coil packs and spark plugs
New headlight plug
Wheel stud conversion

Screaming into porsche ownership at a rate!

Holy thread resurrection! :D

I enjoy reading the "What did you buy your 997 this week......?" thread, and was surprised to find there IS a 996 version.

So, I'll start..

New Porsche parts :
windscreen scuttle panel and seal (LHD 996 572 563 06 01C & 996 572 931 00) (FYI RHD 996 572 563 07 01C & 996 572 931 00)
sill covers panels (996 504 363 00 01C & 996 504 364 00 01C)

Used parts:
Elephant Racing Rear Adjustable Lower Toe Control Arms/Track Rods
997 Sports Seats

The new panels are basically to replace the original and VERY tired/greying/cracked parts.

The 997 seats because the the current 996 "comfort" seats are basically unsupportive torture devices.

Anyone else willing to join in? :)

...a used Lexus interior switched lamp which I will replace my frunk one so that I can turn it off if required!
...and some zymor glasur from Tony here :thumbs: [/quote]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back