Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 60
996 : 1997-2005 31
993 : 1993-1998 2
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 3
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 27
Cayman : 2005- 22
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 5
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

-- 997 --
Barcelona

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: FOXWELL NT OBD Code Reader + Resetting Tool Reply with quote

Hi all, anyone here have the Foxwell NT handheld OBD tool? Would be giid for some input on it? I.e. resetting, Airbag, oil service, rear tailgate spoiler disabling etc..

Cheers.

J

systech1
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Foxwell NT 520 with the Porsche specific software. I believe the latest version of the software will do all the things you mention and lots more..although I bought mine last year to disable the rear spoiler lift which it easily achieved. Others will need to confirm the other functionality.
Long time Porsche fan. Previous cars include 911T 2.2, 911E 2.2, Carrera 3.0, 986 Boxster S. Current car is 997.2S Manual (with PSE, H&S Backbox bypass, Sports Chrono, SSK, DSC PASM controller, Carrera Sports wheels, Ducktail/Diffuser and splitter, Sport Design steering wheel etc.)

Blooders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the Foxwell NT520, also used for coding our rear spoiler. The coding seems to work well and fault message clearing. However mine will not clear the oil reset despite talking to the supplier they have not managed a resolution on this.

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also do with looking at one of these Thumb there are others available like below (I carsoft POR 2) Dont know

https://www.youcanic.com/wiki/choosing-obd-ii-scanner-porsche-vehicles
991 C2S PDK - X51 430 Powerkit, Dynamic engine mounts, Carbon GT2 folding buckets, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design bodykit with ducktail and Alcantara steering wheel. If Carling did a 991S...
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated”

-- 997 --
Barcelona

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, thanks for the input!! I actually have the PIWIS Porsche OEM software on Laptop and have an image copy on USB for the Panasonic CF30 Laptop but i need the hardware for it which is the Samtec HSX OBDII wiring etc. Decided to also have a small handheld device for the most common faults etc...

Done some heavy reading and the Foxwell is a really good system with good reviews! , as the NT520 has been replaced with the NT530 the porsche software has also been updated with known issues or bugs and does much much more than the earlier versions.. i managed to purchase a new one for £100 free shipping also, and soon as it arrives its when i have to download the porsche specific software to the device...

The icarsoft, looks good with the screen but the processing speed is slow and lags, dont have patience for that!. .

Cheers

J

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- 997 -- wrote:
Hi all, thanks for the input!! I actually have the PIWIS Porsche OEM software on Laptop and have an image copy on USB for the Panasonic CF30 Laptop but i need the hardware for it which is the Samtec HSX OBDII wiring etc. Decided to also have a small handheld device for the most common faults etc...

Done some heavy reading and the Foxwell is a really good system with good reviews! , as the NT520 has been replaced with the NT530 the porsche software has also been updated with known issues or bugs and does much much more than the earlier versions.. i managed to purchase a new one for £100 free shipping also, and soon as it arrives its when i have to download the porsche specific software to the device...

The icarsoft, looks good with the screen but the processing speed is slow and lags, dont have patience for that!. .

Cheers

J

Pm in your inbox Thumb
991 C2S PDK - X51 430 Powerkit, Dynamic engine mounts, Carbon GT2 folding buckets, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design bodykit with ducktail and Alcantara steering wheel. If Carling did a 991S...
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated”

-- 997 --
Barcelona

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, @ Blooders & Systech1,

When you code your rear spoiler front Extraction to Fixed does it disable it straight away? After disabling the rear spoiler what do you do next? Exit out of the menu or have to save settings or anything etc?

Ive tried to enable the spoiler to extract but doesnt seem to enable that even thou its selected would i need to drive the car for the spoiler function to kick in? As ive not driven the car yet to check if the spoiler extracts.. thought maybe once spoiler extract is selected you can then control the open and close function straight away from the dashboard control panel!

If that makes sence?

Cheers

J

systech1
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- 997 -- wrote:
Hi, @ Blooders & Systech1,

When you code your rear sp BBM oiler front Extraction to Fixed does it disable it straight away? After disabling the rear spoiler what do you do next? Exit out of the menu or have to save settings or anything etc?

Ive tried to enable the spoiler to extract but doesnt seem to enable that even thou its selected would i need to drive the car for the spoiler function to kick in? As ive not driven the car yet to check if the spoiler extracts.. thought maybe once spoiler extract is selected you can then control the open and close function straight away from the dashboard control panel!

If that makes sence?

Cheers

J

In short..yes. Once I disabled the lift I could no longer manually lift the spoiler via the switch. Similarly once you have enabled the lift you should be able to lift the spoiler via the switch. It will of course only lift automatically at speed.
Long time Porsche fan. Previous cars include 911T 2.2, 911E 2.2, Carrera 3.0, 986 Boxster S. Current car is 997.2S Manual (with PSE, H&S Backbox bypass, Sports Chrono, SSK, DSC PASM controller, Carrera Sports wheels, Ducktail/Diffuser and splitter, Sport Design steering wheel etc.)

antonio
Spa-Francorchamps

2005 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: FOXWELL NT OBD Code Reader + Resetting Tool Reply with quote

-- 997 -- wrote:
Hi all, anyone here have the Foxwell NT handheld OBD tool? Would be giid for some input on it? I.e. resetting, Airbag, oil service, rear tailgate spoiler disabling etc..

Cheers.

J

Hi, i have one but it wont reset service reminder, which was the main reason i bought one nooo

Kingb4
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-997- I have the Foxwell NT520, with the Porsche software on it. Not sure where you are based, but if nearby you are welcome to have a look. Am near Leighton Buzzard.

I haven't used it much for the Porsche (thankfully not had cause), but have used it on other cars. It was great on my Volvo XC90. Had an issue that could have been caused by several different things. The Foxwell was able to interrogate the Volvo software and show which component had failed. The saving from that alone paid for the Foxwell...

-- 997 --
Barcelona

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingb4 wrote:
-997- I have the Foxwell NT520, with the Porsche software on it. Not sure where you are based, but if nearby you are welcome to have a look. Am near Leighton Buzzard.

I haven't used it much for the Porsche (thankfully not had cause), but have used it on other cars. It was great on my Volvo XC90. Had an issue that could have been caused by several different things. The Foxwell was able to interrogate the Volvo software and show which component had failed. The saving from that alone paid for the Foxwell...

Hi Kingb4, am based in in North London, away on training at the moment, would like to try sometime to see if my NT530 is functioning correctly and see if your NT520 activates my rear spoiler from fixed to extract as it changes from fixed to extract but when pressing the button inside on the panel wont open or close, maybe am doing something wrong? Would i need to drive the car for the function to kick in? Baffled!

Confused

Cheers

J

Kingb4
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

No problem of you want to try the NT520 to activate your spoiler. Just send me a message on here and we can sort a time.
(I havent actually tried this on my 996, so wont be able to offer much advice).

Cheers
Ben

-- 997 --
Barcelona

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingb4 wrote:
Hello

No problem of you want to try the NT520 to activate your spoiler. Just send me a message on here and we can sort a time.
(I havent actually tried this on my 996, so wont be able to offer much advice).

Cheers
Ben

Cheers ben Thumb will let ya know!!

J

Shandythegreat
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following this as I too am looking into a suitable scanner.

Over the years ive had various hand helds which are never that great. For my track car I have VagCom on the laptop (Vag only)- I see PIWIS mentioned....... As I will be looking to install cruise control can I use one of the handhelds to activate it, or do i need PIWIS and if so, where can I purchase it from? Smile Hopefully can then just buy an OBD2 to USB like I have for VagCom.

Thanks all worship

Current: 997 C4S Manual. Arctic / Cocoa

Gone: 996 C2 - Blew up leaving Porsche....

-- 997 --
Barcelona

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shandythegreat wrote:
Following this as I too am looking into a suitable scanner.

Over the years ive had various hand helds which are never that great. For my track car I have VagCom on the laptop (Vag only)- I see PIWIS mentioned....... As I will be looking to install cruise control can I use one of the handhelds to activate it, or do i need PIWIS and if so, where can I purchase it from? Smile Hopefully can then just buy an OBD2 to USB like I have for VagCom.

Thanks all worship

You will need PIWIS which regards to dignostic and more technical programming that goes more indepth of the car to do what you want. I have the PIWIS but not the hardware yet, a mate of mine sells them on Harddrive pre-installed for the CF30 Panasonic Laptop with PET which is worth the buy if your looking to have PIWIS.

cheers

J

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: