Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 25
997 : 2004- 57
996 : 1997-2005 31
993 : 1993-1998 2
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 3
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 24
Cayman : 2005- 22
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 5
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
kas750
Shanghai


Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 4653
Location: Chorley lancashire

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: It’s 30 years to the day since.. Reply with quote

I bought my first Porsche. Old 😊

And I’ve barely been without one since and in the process I’ve met some of the nicest people.

I love the cars and I love the people.

Here’s to the next 30! thumbsup





upload pics to img
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16298
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ade.

It's nearly 33 years since I bought my first one but unlike you I had a 20+ year gap between number 1 and number 2.
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Alex
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 17344
Location: The Ribble Valley, Lancashire

2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen your post on fb but couldn't respond as I'm in fb jail for posting a photo of K-Steels 2020 calendar.

Nice one Ady - I was 18 at the time and driving round in a custom flared arch, no bumper, lowered Alfasud 1.5ti in British racing green. Not a Porsche but flat 4 boxer.

Thumb
_________________
2000 Manual 996 C4 Arctic Silver Convertible


 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kurlykris
Magny-Cours


Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 2655
Location: Warwickshire


PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 1/2 years in for me, wish I`d bought one 30 years ago instead of Lotus Grin

I love the cars and I love the people too, I`ve never met a Porsche person I didn`t get on with thumbsup
_________________
1998 996.1 C2 3.4 with "Aerokit Cup"
2006 987.1 Boxster S 3.2 sport chrono
2010 Mercedes E350 AMG Sport

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Alex
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 17344
Location: The Ribble Valley, Lancashire

2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grin Thumb
_________________
2000 Manual 996 C4 Arctic Silver Convertible


 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
pzero
General
General


Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 5615
Location: London


PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911 owner for ten years now.
Thirty years ago I was in a Texas Yellow 1303S, not the one pictured but an earlier L reg.



_________________
991.1 Carrera GTS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kurlykris
Magny-Cours


Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 2655
Location: Warwickshire


PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KurlyKris 30 years ago with his home brew 88" V8 2A Landy ragtop, rocking the dungarees which I almost lived in Very Happy


_________________
1998 996.1 C2 3.4 with "Aerokit Cup"
2006 987.1 Boxster S 3.2 sport chrono
2010 Mercedes E350 AMG Sport

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
pzero
General
General


Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 5615
Location: London


PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality editing. worship
_________________
991.1 Carrera GTS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kas750
Shanghai


Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 4653
Location: Chorley lancashire

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
Just seen your post on fb but couldn't respond as I'm in fb jail for posting a photo of K-Steels 2020 calendar.

Nice one Ady - I was 18 at the time and driving round in a custom flared arch, no bumper, lowered Alfasud 1.5ti in British racing green. Not a Porsche but flat 4 boxer.

Thumb

Pics please!

The car that is wack Mr. Green
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kas750
Shanghai


Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 4653
Location: Chorley lancashire

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pzero wrote:
911 owner for ten years now.
Thirty years ago I was in a Texas Yellow 1303S, not the one pictured but an earlier L reg.



A beetle is on my list ! Grin thumbsup
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kas750
Shanghai


Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 4653
Location: Chorley lancashire

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurlykris wrote:
KurlyKris 30 years ago with his home brew 88" V8 2A Landy ragtop, rocking the dungarees which I almost lived in Very Happy


Bet that was a beast?
Don’t think I have a pic of me from back then
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kurlykris
Magny-Cours


Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 2655
Location: Warwickshire


PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex Landrover Works Stage one V8 3.6 test bed engine, 8 Mpg, a new clutch every month, gearbox every 3 months, rear diff every 6 months, it would eat Golf GTi`s, XR3`s and XR2`s from the traffic lights to 100mph setting off in 4th gear+fairey Overdrive Grin

And it had a hand cranking starting handle for when the battery was flat Very Happy
_________________
1998 996.1 C2 3.4 with "Aerokit Cup"
2006 987.1 Boxster S 3.2 sport chrono
2010 Mercedes E350 AMG Sport

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Alex
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 17344
Location: The Ribble Valley, Lancashire

2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kas750 wrote:

Pics please!

The car that is wack Mr. Green



I never had any photos. My Spanish mate has one - he had an Alfa Sprint that had also been modified with no bumpers, fully coded, etc. in white. He has a snap of them both parked up together.

The only photo I can find online of something that looks pretty similar is this, although I had two big spotlights on the front and wider archs:




and this:




My mate's looked like this but in white:


_________________
2000 Manual 996 C4 Arctic Silver Convertible


 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Zorro
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 282
Location: East Sussex


PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: It’s 30 years to the day since.. Reply with quote

kas750 wrote:
I bought my first Porsche. Old 😊

And I’ve barely been without one since and in the process I’ve met some of the nicest people.

I love the cars and I love the people.

Here’s to the next 30! thumbsup



But do you have the Porsche Club 30 year member badge as well?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kas750
Shanghai


Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 4653
Location: Chorley lancashire

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: It’s 30 years to the day since.. Reply with quote

Zorro wrote:
kas750 wrote:
I bought my first Porsche. Old 😊

And I’ve barely been without one since and in the process I’ve met some of the nicest people.

I love the cars and I love the people.

Here’s to the next 30! thumbsup



But do you have the Porsche Club 30 year member badge as well?

I’ve been a member on and off for less than half of that.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kas750
Shanghai


Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 4653
Location: Chorley lancashire

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
kas750 wrote:

Pics please!

The car that is wack Mr. Green



I never had any photos. My Spanish mate has one - he had an Alfa Sprint that had also been modified with no bumpers, fully coded, etc. in white. He has a snap of them both parked up together.

The only photo I can find online of something that looks pretty similar is this, although I had two big spotlights on the front and wider archs:




and this:




My mate's looked like this but in white:


Lovely cars but even back in the day it was hard to find one that wasn’t rotten! Surprised Embarassed
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16298
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: It’s 30 years to the day since.. Reply with quote

kas750 wrote:
Zorro wrote:
kas750 wrote:
I bought my first Porsche. Old 😊

And I’ve barely been without one since and in the process I’ve met some of the nicest people.

I love the cars and I love the people.

Here’s to the next 30! thumbsup



But do you have the Porsche Club 30 year member badge as well?

I’ve been a member on and off for less than half of that.


In 1988 my PCGB membership number was 0104. When I rejoined in 2009 it was 60,000+. Surprised
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
maph
Monza


Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 205



PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kas750 wrote:

Lovely cars but even back in the day it was hard to find one that wasn’t rotten! Surprised Embarassed


My Dad had two when I was a kid and my Grandad had one as well, great cars.

Remember him selling his second one which he bought new (think it was a 1980 W) when it was 3 yrs old and it was riddled with rust, both front wings had holes in the tops of them etc. He had it rust treated/ unsealed etc the first week he owned it, certainly did not help nooo
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo S - ES650
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911Time
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Posts: 273
Location: Staffordshire


PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 30 years of Porsche - congrats!!

This is my first year of Porsche ownership (after 45 years as a fan) and I'm loving every minute thumbsup

Sometimes I wish I'd started my Porsche ownership earlier but then I enjoyed other cars along the way.

Thirty years ago, at 23, I was going through an 'Italian' phase and had an Alfasud 1.5Ti Green Cloverleaf, like this one (fantastic car):



and a Lancia Beta HPE, just like this (except that I'd fitted a modified exhaust to mine, with Ferrari-esque Ansa slash cut twin tail-pipes) - little boy-racer that I was Embarassed



I sold them both to buy to buy this beauty...



Happy days Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
Mark


I'm not a perfectionist - I just want everything done 'Right' Wink

Current: GT Silver 991.1 C4S with a few 'special bits'. Previous Owned: C63 Estate, BMW e92 330d Coupe (700Nm/Custom Exh/Map/BBK/Quaife/Breytons), ML63AMG, Alpina e46 B3S Coupe, Alpina e36 B3 Coupe, Lotus Excel SE, Alfasud Green Cloverleaf Ti, Lancia HPE, Capri 2.0S, Marina 1.8 (don't laugh it was my first road car). Bikes: Suzuki TL1000R and BMW R1100S AC Schnitzer.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kas750
Shanghai


Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 4653
Location: Chorley lancashire

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911Time wrote:
Wow, 30 years of Porsche - congrats!!

This is my first year of Porsche ownership (after 45 years as a fan) and I'm loving every minute thumbsup

Sometimes I wish I'd started my Porsche ownership earlier but then I enjoyed other cars along the way.

Thirty years ago, at 23, I was going through an 'Italian' phase and had an Alfasud 1.5Ti Green Cloverleaf, like this one (fantastic car):



and a Lancia Beta HPE, just like this (except that I'd fitted a modified exhaust to mine, with Ferrari-esque Ansa slash cut twin tail-pipes) - little boy-racer that I was Embarassed



I sold them both to buy to buy this beauty...



Happy days Very Happy Very Happy

Awesome car cv. worship
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum