Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It''s 30 years to the day since..

kas750

I bought my first Porsche. :eek:ld: 😊

And I've barely been without one since and in the process I've met some of the nicest people.

I love the cars and I love the people.

Here's to the next 30! :thumbs:

upload pics to img

:congrats: Ade.

It's nearly 33 years since I bought my first one but unlike you I had a 20+ year gap between number 1 and number 2.

Just seen your post on fb but couldn't respond as I'm in fb jail for posting a photo of K-Steels 2020 calendar.

Nice one Ady - I was 18 at the time and driving round in a custom flared arch, no bumper, lowered Alfasud 1.5ti in British racing green. Not a Porsche but flat 4 boxer.

:thumb:

5 1/2 years in for me, wish I`d bought one 30 years ago instead of Lotus :grin:

I love the cars and I love the people too, I`ve never met a Porsche person I didn`t get on with :thumbs:

:grin: :thumb:

911 owner for ten years now.
Thirty years ago I was in a Texas Yellow 1303S, not the one pictured but an earlier L reg.

KurlyKris 30 years ago with his home brew 88" V8 2A Landy ragtop, rocking the dungarees which I almost lived in :D

UmgAHrB.jpg

Quality editing. :worship:

Alex said:
Just seen your post on fb but couldn't respond as I'm in fb jail for posting a photo of K-Steels 2020 calendar.

Nice one Ady - I was 18 at the time and driving round in a custom flared arch, no bumper, lowered Alfasud 1.5ti in British racing green. Not a Porsche but flat 4 boxer.

:thumb:
Pics please!

The car that is :wack: :mrgreen:

pzero said:
911 owner for ten years now.
Thirty years ago I was in a Texas Yellow 1303S, not the one pictured but an earlier L reg.

A beetle is on my list ! :grin: :thumbs:

kurlykris said:
KurlyKris 30 years ago with his home brew 88" V8 2A Landy ragtop, rocking the dungarees which I almost lived in :D

UmgAHrB.jpg
Bet that was a beast?
Don't think I have a pic of me from back then

Ex Landrover Works Stage one V8 3.6 test bed engine, 8 Mpg, a new clutch every month, gearbox every 3 months, rear diff every 6 months, it would eat Golf GTi`s, XR3`s and XR2`s from the traffic lights to 100mph setting off in 4th gear+fairey Overdrive :grin:

And it had a hand cranking starting handle for when the battery was flat :D

kas750 said:
Pics please!

The car that is :wack: :mrgreen:

I never had any photos. My Spanish mate has one - he had an Alfa Sprint that had also been modified with no bumpers, fully coded, etc. in white. He has a snap of them both parked up together.

The only photo I can find online of something that looks pretty similar is this, although I had two big spotlights on the front and wider archs:

bc0b41dc179bcb9cfbae004d64deb03c_XL.jpg

and this:

alfa_romeo_alfasud_rally.jpg

My mate's looked like this but in white:

alfa-romeo-alfasud-sprint-13.jpg

kas750 said:

And I've barely been without one since and in the process I've met some of the nicest people.

But do you have the Porsche Club 30 year member badge as well?

Zorro said:
kas750 said:

But do you have the Porsche Club 30 year member badge as well?
I've been a member on and off for less than half of that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back