Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed to open hood - Ilford Essex

KA14LON

Hello All

I have been away and my battery is completely flat and my ctek charger is in the hood. My key was also stuck in ignition but managed to release it by putting jumps cables in the fuse box.

However I cannot pop the hood, would someone have a cigarette lighter charger so I can charge my battery. Anyone near Ilford ?

Thanks

Hi,

There's a yellow pull out clothes peg type device in the fuse box, pull this out and use it to pull the red plug out next to it (It's got a picture of the bonnet on it )
Pull it out, then attach the red end of your jump leads to it. Attach the black to the door retainer to earth it.
You should be able to activate your normal bonnet release then.
There's an instruction booklet inside the fuse box cover. Read that first, in case I've missed something!

Stoddy

Attachments

• 5fc4dd4f_95f4_4d07_874c_ef4d7cc4d3a3_167.jpeg
    5fc4dd4f_95f4_4d07_874c_ef4d7cc4d3a3_167.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,623
  • 4cb90189_9e00_4283_bda1_421cea16dec7_852.jpeg
    4cb90189_9e00_4283_bda1_421cea16dec7_852.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,617
I have attached a battery charger to the fuse box but still not getting any power to make the release button work. The charger has been connected for 2 days now.

KA14LON said:
I have attached a battery charger to the fuse box but still not getting any power to make the release button work. The charger has been connected for 2 days now.

I am 99% sure that won't work buddy :?

You need another battery or jumper pack to unlock the frunk as below:

Attachments

• lid_112.jpg
    lid_112.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,502
Yeah, you need jump leads from another car/ battery, or a jump starter device.

:thumbs:

Do as above but continually press the bonnet unlock on the key fob and keep pressing the bonnet release button as well .. a single press of either won't always unlock the bonnet but continually doing it seems to finally work .

I had this last year although my battery wasn't flat the frunk would not open. Turned out to be a fault release switch. If the jump pack doesn't work check the switch - mine looked ok but actually had started to collapse internally. I found if I kept a rearward force on the little lever while lifting it it would release the frunk. Fitting a new switch is not difficult.

Thanks you all for your help.

I tried the donor battery method and got the frunk open.

I have now plugged the cteck charger to charge the battery.

There is a good chance you will need to replace the battery. Its worth trying to recharge, but you may find the battery is never the same if it has been that flat.

Glad you got it open in the end. I've not been on the forums in a while, but this happened to me a couple of years back and it was the beginning of the crap Moll battery, which comes as standard, dying on me. I replaced it soon after my trunk wouldn't open. I also live in Upney, not far from Ilford and would be glad to give you any advice or help in the future. PM me if you need any other help, as I've experienced a fair old amount having owned my 997 S for over 5 years.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back