Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Exhaust Upgrade - Real World Experiences & Advice

Which after market exhaust system do you have?

• DesignTek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TopGear

• Miltek

• Spyder Performance

• Dansk

• IPE

• Other

• Total voters
Some people have been known to be kicked off Spa for exceeding the noise limit, it 'might' have been me but I think the culprit is lurking on this thread!!
With a db of 132 registered the next day at Dinslaken even the disguise didn't help his case.

easternjets said:
Some people have been known to kicked off Spa for exceeding the noise limit, it 'might' have been me but I think the culprit is lurking on this thread!!
With a db of 132 registered the next day at Dinslaken even the disguise didn't help his case.

:floor: :floor: oops :judge: :cop: :eh!: :grin: Its now 134db mate with the new cargraphic cats, so I promise to use the valves next time and switch it into quiet mode 8) :lol:

Attachments

• 39982822_1662203833906647_3800536025298632704_o_129.jpg
    39982822_1662203833906647_3800536025298632704_o_129.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 4,707
Hovis said:
Thanks all for advice so far and sorry if missed Cargeaphic in the poll.

I've been listening to any videos I can find to check out the exhaust notes. @phil thanks for posting this one up.

The top gear system seems pretty good value, a tad more than the Designtek but some great feedback from real world use.

In terms if the fob think Id much prefer a button in the car, but suppose would just keep the fob in the car.

Practically the switchable system could I can see might be beneficial on longer trips.

@thefinn - do you see any loss in low end torq with the cross over cars?
Had read many mixed reviews on The TB, but thinking as it's a 3.6 increase maybe noticeable vs 3.8s

I felt no loss of torque with the cross overs and also went for these rather than the x pipe for that reason

Does anyone have fitting instructions for the Topgear Valvetronic system?
I'd like to see what's involved before committing.

The Topgear is more expensive then the Designtek, but has more votes on the poll here. Anyone seen a direct comparison?

Thanks,
Iain

iainwarner6 said:
Does anyone have fitting instructions for the Topgear Valvetronic system?
I'd like to see what's involved before committing.

The Topgear is more expensive then the Designtek, but has more votes on the poll here. Anyone seen a direct comparison?

Thanks,
Iain

Iain, the topgear valved is operated with air not electric valves I had it on my car for 4 years with no issues . topgear are a manufacturer , designtek are a distributor :thumb:

997.1 s with PSE - cat and manifold upgrade advice

Hello all,

Im a recent purchaser of a 2007 997.1s with PSE.
I bought from Cridfords in Surrey, 61,000 miles 5 owners in Feb last year and prepared for sale by them....
At 63,000 I experienced a low speed ( 8-10mph) rear shunt into a stationary Range Rover that needed a rear drivers side chassis leg replacing with a new front and rear end ( engine out ).
Insurance paid for repairs.
Had the car back looking and seemingly running like new.

Unfortunately after 400 decent miles an engine warning light came on, loss of power and white smoke from passengers side and misfires in 4,5 & 6. Engine off and recovery truck. Diagnosis by a trusted local classic mechanic was an AOS fail and CAT Blockage and now suspected cam chain jump ?
Short story is the car is with Hartech for a re build right now after they say loss of compression in 1 side and timing issue.....

I love it and will likely do the whole Hartech upgrade when diagnosed but also I want to add something a bit more and personally only want slight improvement in throttle response and a more "motorsport" exhaust note when PSE on and above 4,000 rpm. I see that as 200 cel cats and manifold ( whilst the engines out) and a new clutch ( Mines a manual) and then re map.

Top gear straight 200 cel cats and their manifold with Hartechs recommended mapping expert is what Im thinking but would really appreciate any advice from other members.

I really dont want any drone ( with PSE off) dont mind it when on.
Which CAT option is best, Straight or X pipe ( is that cross overs?). Is pipe diameter an option if Im using the stock PSE boxes ?

Given my experience I want to get this right and You tube videos cant represent the flat out, induction and exhaust combo that make these machines the best on earth !

I recently changed from a Dansk Super Sound with 200 Cell cats to a Topgear Valved, again with 200 cells cats due to the flexi's going, ...common problem with Dansk.

Valves Open the sound on then Topgear is not as good as the Dansk ....the over run is not as noticeable. ...maybe in time when it loosens up?

But there is no drone open or closed really... it's obviously quieter closed on the Topgear.

I do however like the Topgear system and value for money I don't think can be beaten at the moment.

Noted HSC 911 - this is me. GT Silver, decals and black wheels. Plate not my choice and for sale but soon to be replaced if the engine re build permits....

Thanks villaman.

Attachments

• v10eou_192.png
    v10eou_192.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 897
Max997c2s said:
Noted HSC 911 - this is me. GT Silver, decals and black wheels. Plate not my choice and for sale but soon to be replaced if the engine re build permits....

Thanks villaman.

8) car!

Answer away now lads :grin:

PS you could try sell the plate on here :dont know:

:thumb:

Max , to stay legal with emissions etc the 200 cell cats is the max you can go for , Topgear represent excellent value for money and as a forum member you can get 10% discount off the listed price . exhaust note is a very personal thing and some like the tone that others dont so really the only way is to listen to cars up close at a meet. or ask if any guys local to you have aftermarket exhausts and meet up with them.
I had a full topgear valved set up on my gen1 and loved it , I have a full valved Cargraphic set up on my gen2 is really really nice but at £6500 is similar price to Akrapovik and is 3 or 4 times the cost of the topgear set up and is questionable about whether its good value . So budget does come into the equation , a friend recently fitted to his Boxter a soul performance exhaust from the USA he said the service and shipping from Soul was excellent and I have to say his car sounds very very nice now a lovely smooth euro supercar type note, this cost seemed to be mid way between topgear and cargraphic . So you need to consider your exhaust budget then decide what sounds best in that price range. :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back