Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Annoying interior squeak

Hovis

Monza
Have developed an annoying squeak coming from the rear passenger side.

Originally thought it was speaker distortion as seems to be coming from that area.

It's there at higher speeds or more vibration.

Have had speaker grill off, speaker out, my lad in the back trying to track it d I down, seems to be related to the side panel near the seat belt.

Had a look at reseating it all, gummied the window seal and tried to adjust the trim around the seatbelt entry..... this cost me 45mins as one of the metal spring clips came off and had to get it back on.

Was hoping that had solved it.... but in test drive it was there again.

Any know spots I track down, moisturise or lubricate?

Hoping someone has had similar in the past and resolved it.

I have that squeak as well, also an annoying jingle sound from my drivers door area :grin:

Obviously i can't diagnose a single noise .. much as i wish i could .. sooo ...

The usual .. sound clip from front and back might help .. email me it if needed ..

This would appear to be an interior noise so a couple of points ..

use rain X on the front window glass where it touches the door seal .. leave it to dry .. that will eliminate the door seal creak that's common .. gummi tends to smear the wind glass so i don't use that ... i tend to use Rain X on the entire door seal as well .

Remove the rear quarter panel and road test .. that will say if its the metal clips causing it in the panel .

The rear panel below the rear screen .. a common cause of noises .. remove and road test .. after that your into remove the C pillar trim .

On the off chance its outside then i and others here have found a slightly loose rear diagonal brace arm can cause noises .

EDIT ..

Jingle sound .. often the seat belt height adjuster if right by your right ear.

@deMort - always solid advise.

Gummy got the roof creaks sorted so will look at Rain X on the window seals.
Hoping this solves it.

I might try insolation tape on suspect areas to eliminate them.

Any guides for removing the panel? I'd tried to take it off this morning which was here I got to with plastic section where the seatbelt goes down in to.

I looked in the service manual and at any video I could find.

Is it process of:

Coat hook off
Then seatbelt cover panel - does seat belt need to come off? If so battery disconnect?
Rear seat bolt out.
Panel out of clips?

Try folding down the rear seat before any major surgery on the interior. The clip was worn on my old C2 and it squeaked. Might save some time. And expense as a quick check.

Possibly water bottle under seat?

In my gen2, I don't have the squeak but same as @Steve Wright, I have the 'jingle' as well. As @deMort said, I think I have located the sound coming from the seat belt adjuster, does it just need tightening?

Bizarrely, my keys were the cause of the jangle sound in the ignition, it was a weird one as the sound felt like it came from behind me but when I held the keys, the noise stopped!

Don't laugh, it's true!

Stoddy (slightly embarrassed).
:thumbs:

Stoddy said:
Bizarrely, my keys were the cause of the jangle sound in the ignition, it was a weird one as the sound felt like it came from behind me but when I held the keys, the noise stopped!

Don't laugh, it's true!

Stoddy (slightly embarrassed).
:thumbs:

Oh no! To be fair, though, rattles and noises are very hard to find. One of the rattles I found sounded like it was coming from the passenger side dash or roof lining but it was actually coming from the console area under the PCM :dont know:

b8575 said:
In my gen2, I don't have the squeak but same as @Steve Wright, I have the 'jingle' as well. As @deMort said, I think I have located the sound coming from the seat belt adjuster, does it just need tightening?

You will probably need to srip it .. add some grease to the contact points and refit ..

video here i did on taking them apart but apologies .. the sound didn't work and daughter who videoed it didn't want to do it from scratch .. sigh .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwakFlGvgMs&t=6s

Rain X on the window where it touches the door seal and the door seal itself .. you get a creak type noise when cornering or uneven ground ... its right by your ear so can be similar to a seat belt height adjuster .

I have replaced 1 ignition lock due to a noise .. there is a small electrical coil inside that releases the key .. this can jingle / rattle .

@deMort thank you very much (and video was fine without sound). I'll try the seat belt adjuster first and go from there!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back