Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996/986 (Both Gens) HID Retrofit Group Buy

Sorry for slow turnaround, a baby and new job sure hits forum time.

I have added the latest names. Thanks to Spike for adding links to the parts.

TurboRob, technical questions are best off going in the other thread where the representative and answer them, I think the answer is a yes though.

For those with 996.2 cars, the lights are reasonably easy to take apart and replacing the projectors should be a straightforward DIY job.

My tips are:
1. After taking off the rear cover etc, the first job is to take off the adjuster plate. First remove the screws. The adjusters are slid in from the outside, try to remove them. If not don't despair, use some lubricant (WD40 is ok) and slide a flat blade between the adjuster and housing and work it outwards.

2. For refitting the projector, the units mount on ball pivots and these clip in place but fitting the last one involves pulling the unit back towards you. I used a loop of cord wrapped around the unit.

I'm away at the moment but I'll try to put together a guide when I get back using an old broken unit.

At the right price I may be interested in new HID projectors to upgrade my original halogen units despite the fact that they don't have the LHD switch like my halogen and Bixenon units both have.

Marty

please add my name to the list.

Osh
996.2 - standard lights with wash

:thumb:

Thanks

maldren said:
For those with 996.2 cars, the lights are reasonably easy to take apart and replacing the projectors should be a straightforward DIY job.

My tips are:
1. After taking off the rear cover etc, the first job is to take off the adjuster plate. First remove the screws. The adjusters are slid in from the outside, try to remove them. If not don't despair, use some lubricant (WD40 is ok) and slide a flat blade between the adjuster and housing and work it outwards.

2. For refitting the projector, the units mount on ball pivots and these clip in place but fitting the last one involves pulling the unit back towards you. I used a loop of cord wrapped around the unit.

I'm away at the moment but I'll try to put together a guide when I get back using an old broken unit.

At the right price I may be interested in new HID projectors to upgrade my original halogen units despite the fact that they don't have the LHD switch like my halogen and Bixenon units both have.

Maldren

this would be most welcome.

Cheers m8 :thumb:

Osh

Do you know what the group buy discount is likely to be yet? although not a priority I could be tempted :thumb:

I'll post discount tonight. FYI, I can not reply to personal messages. Probably because I have limited rights.

Thanks, Wouter. One of the messages was from me.

So here is how we run groupbuys :yes:
  • Each participant adds 1% discount for the group, with a maximum of 25% discount. So 12 participants = 12% discount
  • Once the groupbuys closes, we'll send everyone a discount coupon
  • When all orders+payments are in, we'll ship to everyone ASAP
  • Let there be light! :)
For the 996.1 halogen headlight, this needs opening of the headlight. We will make a video tutorial as soon as we have a set of headlights.
There is however also the possibility to have it installed in the UK. We have a certified dealer and installer in Northampton (we had one in Coventry as well, but he just closed shop). You will need to contact him for services and pricing.

29 Hillside Crescent
Nether Heyford
Northampton
NN7 3LS
United Kingdom

Wesbite: https://www.ra27.co.uk/
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +07594 180120

Please add my name too....I have a 996.1 with halogens & no wash!

Many thanks, Wouter. This is coming along nicely. Are we safe to include people from the forum that have already put in an order off the back of the other thread please?

MrC986 added also.

I've posted on another forum, see if I can't garner some more interest.

Postage + handling charge looks to be ~ 20E, so full 996.2 setup is 300E before any discounts.

I'm in if we can get a decent discount together (10-15+%).

Cheers, Rob

'afternoon all

is there any further progress on this....??

Marty Wild: is it worth chucking a sticky or a note/thread in the 996 section in case anyone has missed this with it being in the Car Parts section; i'm sure the admin gestapo - sorry mods, won't mind that for a short time....

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back