Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 turbo prices and options ?

Insu

Hi sold my r35gtr few months ago and been looking for a replacement since ! Always wanted a 991 turbo but they are on the top end of my budget! I have seen a 991 turbo up for sale at 59k 14plate 40000 miles ceramic brakes , i never normally like buying higher mileage cars and tend to like to stay under 20k miles when buying but this isn't an option with my current budget . Is 40k high or wouldn't worry you ? Also are the carbon ceramics more of an issue or a benefit ? I won't be tracking the car but at 40k miles also wouldn't want to be stung with a pricey replacement of the disks or pads . Any help or reccomemdations? Should I go for it or would you advice waiting until my budget allows for lower mileage options many thanks :?:

Sounds really cheap at £59k. Mileage would not worry me at all personally. The PCCBs are more durable on the 991s than the 997s and apparently cope with track use well. If used on road they should last well over 100k. If they do need resurfacing they can be done for approx £1k a corner. An option if you decide to do a lot of track days would be to take them off and replace with steels and refit when you come to sell.

Before you purchase make sure you get an inspection, essential and money well spent.

A full set of ceramic discs will cost circa £20k from your friendly OPC....!!

Try and find out something of the cars history - I looked at a Turbo S that had spent a year at Silverstone as an official Porsche experience car.
It had only done 4000 miles and the ceramic discs were two thirds worn due to the heavy track use. This was still within Porsche tolerance so they wouldn't replace the discs........needless to say I walked away.

The previous post was quite correct, with normal road use only the discs wear shouldn't be a worry.

sc650 said:
A full set of ceramic discs will cost circa £20k from your friendly OPC....!!

Try and find out something of the cars history - I looked at a Turbo S that had spent a year at Silverstone as an official Porsche experience car.
It had only done 4000 miles and the ceramic discs were two thirds worn due to the heavy track use. This was still within Porsche tolerance so they wouldn't replace the discs........needless to say I walked away.

The previous post was quite correct, with normal road use only the discs wear shouldn't be a worry.

How did you know it'd spent a year at the PEC Silverstone? I didn't think they kept them so long.
Some gorgeous stuff there!

It was by pure chance.
The car was convertible and a very unusual colour, saffron yellow, and I stumbled on some photos that had been posted by people who had driven it at Siverstone.
When I questioned the dealer who was selling the car, who had told me that it had been a Porsche Management car, they admitted their "error" and supplied me with all the information I requested including the fact the car had done 361 launch control starts.....!!
As always - buyer beware - even when dealing with an OPC.......

Hi,
Just bought an S with the PCCB and centre locks. I came out of a `15GTR and absolutely love the feel and performance.
As above check the life of the discs
Also check the active front spoiler works -mine is going back to OPC as it gives an error when trying to deploy automatically at speed.

Check the provenance and the service history, servicing is very important on all cars but especially the Turbo's.
If it has a good history and especially if it's an OPC one then it sounds like a good buy, in fact for a supercar it's pretty much a bargain.

I've been tracking these for a while, not sure where you've spotted a 991 turbo with ceramics and 40,000 miles at 59k? Unless it's a cat something, has no or incomplete service history or is a complete dog I'd bite their hand off! It's 15k off OPC price.

Regarding the ceramics, most people are terrified, the reality with them is the feel, you'd never want 'normal' brakes again! You can get a full set of Turbo ceramics (including callipers) close to new for circa 6-7k so not a great deal more than steels as they will last much longer, let's not even mention the lack of brake dust....

Refurbished they are around 1200 a corner (rebrake, In Germany) ok there not original, but you'd never know, the thickness is apparently slightly less and an OPC May notice, if the car hasn't been tracked they'll have at least another 40 k in them anyway.

Is sports exhaust not an option on the standard 991 turbo? Don't seem to see any with the selectable button on the dash ?

Insu said:
Is sports exhaust not an option on the standard 991 turbo? Don't seem to see any with the selectable button on the dash ?

There wasn't a sports exhaust as an option on the 991,2 unfortunately. I'd have had one if they had.

No exhaust button separate on the turbo S , however the exhaust note changes in sport mode , deeper bass at idle and low revs with dull popping on overrun.
In Sport+, the number pops increases

TurboSandGT4 said:
No exhaust button separate on the turbo S , however the exhaust note changes in sport mode , deeper bass at idle and low revs with dull popping on overrun.
In Sport+, the number pops increases

Is the exhaust valved then or it's more done through mapping ? Also did all 991 turbo come with pasm as stock ?

I'm pretty sure PASM is standard on the Turbo as is rear wheel steer. The exhaust note change is done through the mapping, my 997.2 turbo has an after market silencer delete and that pops on up changes in Sport mode but not in sport off mode.
You also get an over boost in Sport mode which increases the power/torque.
In Sport mode they really are a weapon!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back