Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to sell my 05 3.6

timbo1811

Well its time to sell my C2 3.6 to fund a classic restoration, I'm thinking its worth about 21k, but would be interested to know what do others think. Its 05, FSH, since my ownership its had new water pump, Tandem oil pump, coil packs and plugs last week, all four road springs, bonnet and boot switch, it has Sports seats and will have two new rear tyres. I've had the car for 3 years and only done 7k miles. Mileage is 69K.

Maybe interested, What colour any pictures?

Has it had a rebuild?

I wasn't advertising but just trying to get an idea of possible price. Silver and no to answer your questions.

I studied the 997.1 market closely the last 12 months both before & during my ownership & right now i think you are pretty much on the nose RE valuation for how your car would sit in the marketplace , quite how long it will take to find a buyer is the real question , many are up for 4-5-6 months , obviously many of them will be dogs .
As it happens i plan to list my own C4 997.1 after xmas for a similar figure but with 90k on so i could be in for a longer wait than you :wink:

Thanks Me&my997, good luck.

I'l update this for you Timbo , so i listed my 997 C4 4 days ago on ebay & Pistonheads , zero response via the PH ad but off the scale via ebay , https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293403317744currently its had 1450 page views ,72 "watching" the sale & had enquiries from 5 different people around the country .
First viewing today was a chap from Scotland some 4 hrs each way , deal agreed , deposit taken & the sharp eyed will no doubt notice none of the "must haves" were on my car such as PASM ,PSE Chrono or sports seats or the essential Hartech engine rebuild it must be so desperately in need of at such mileage :oops: so get your car up , there is clearly strong demand for decent 997.1 around the £20k / 90k mark even the lowly 3.6
I'm back slumming in a Z4///M roadster for a few months before i dip my toes into a 981 Cayman :thumb: :

me&my997 said:
I'l update this for you Timbo , so i listed my 997 C4 4 days ago on ebay & Pistonheads , zero response via the PH ad but off the scale via ebay , https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293403317744currently its had 1450 page views ,72 "watching" the sale & had enquiries from 5 different people around the country .
First viewing today was a chap from Scotland some 4 hrs each way , deal agreed , deposit taken & the sharp eyed will no doubt notice none of the "must haves" were on my car such as PASM ,PSE Chrono or sports seats or the essential Hartech engine rebuild it must be so desperately in need of at such mileage :oops: so get your car up , there is clearly strong demand for decent 997.1 around the £20k / 90k mark even the lowly 3.6
I'm back slumming in a Z4///M roadster for a few months before i dip my toes into a 981 Cayman :thumb: :

Reassuring to here! My '6 has been on the market for a couple of weeks and not heard a peep from the SoR dealer. Good to hear there are buyers out there this time of year.

me&my997 said:
before i dip my toes into a 981 Cayman :thumb: :

Top man although im the Boxster 981 fan and not the Cayman .

I'm here for any questions on that car that's for sure .. my fav .. :cloud9:

me&my997 said:

Good to know, mines up on there too, but no enquiries as yet.

Hi Timbo

Previous to my 993 I drove a Lotus Elan+2 as a daily driver for a few years. I really miss mine. They have gone up in value a lot.

Berni

lots of 3.6 for sale at mo and a few with re build so I think you wont get near 21k.

depends on who quick you want to get out but I would be looking at 17-18k tops. there are 3,8s going for that and struggling to move.

the market has dropped a lot since the summer of 2019.

have you done a we buy any car valuation? I would do that and add a few k to get a realistic price.

NLW73 said:
lots of 3.6 for sale at mo and a few with re build so I think you wont get near 21k.

depends on who quick you want to get out but I would be looking at 17-18k tops. there are 3,8s going for that and struggling to move.

the market has dropped a lot since the summer of 2019.

have you done a we buy any car valuation? I would do that and add a few k to get a realistic price.

I put my 170,000 mile, great condition 996 through we buy any car, came back with 4K!!!
I'll keep hold of it if it's worth that little. :dont know:

It's on the FOR SALE page of this forum for the full spec.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I put my 170,000 mile, great condition 996 through we buy any car, came back with 4K!!!
I'll keep hold of it if it's worth that little. :dont know:

It's on the FOR SALE page of this forum for the full spec.. :thumbs: :thumbs:[/quote]

And how was it driving and behaving on 170k miles ?

Very nice! Always kept on top of little and big jobs that needed doing, so a very nice, honest car. Really nice to drive.

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back