Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service Standards Slipping at OPC Brooklands

boardingnath997

Just a word of warning for any existing or new customers at Byfleet. They've had a new service manager and their frame of mind has moved from 'Indie parading as OPC' to 'OPC money making machine' very quickly. They've been bombarding me with 'your brakes need replacing' emails and calls even though they have never done my brakes and my brakes/pads are well off needing replacing. This is in addition to them suggesting £3k of additional work at my last service of which £500 was valid and the rest was rubbish. They got very emotional when I said I didn't want them to carry out any of the work, and the £500 that needed to be done could be done cheaper at an Indie. I won't be going back to them for the next service which is a shame as they were the default choice previously.

I can't comment on the above but if anyone wants to send me the video of an OPC check and the list of work that's " needed " then i'm happy to give my opinion on it .

Pm or email ...

[email protected]

This will obviously just be my opinion .

boardingnath997 said:
Just a word of warning for any existing or new customers at Byfleet. They've had a new service manager and their frame of mind has moved from 'Indie parading as OPC' to 'OPC money making machine' very quickly. They've been bombarding me with 'your brakes need replacing' emails and calls even though they have never done my brakes and my brakes/pads are well off needing replacing. This is in addition to them suggesting £3k of additional work at my last service of which £500 was valid and the rest was rubbish. They got very emotional when I said I didn't want them to carry out any of the work, and the £500 that needed to be done could be done cheaper at an Indie. I won't be going back to them for the next service which is a shame as they were the default choice previously.

Thanks for the heads up, my car has always been serviced by Brooklands Porsche, however was contemplating switching to RSJ, guess this has made my mind up to switch.

That's also my dilemma, always gone to Byfleet/Brooklands for servicing to keep the OPC service stamps, found them OK to deal with and hadn't had the long list of jobs syndrome. If this is more than a one off suffered by boardingnath997, they must be thinking its worth the reputation hit they'll take with owners that are tuned in to that kind of practice versus the extra business they'll get from owners that aren't. Shame as it just makes the thought of getting my 991's service done there so much less appealing. Was also thinking of switching to an indie but hesitated, maybe won't now.

Interesting how these things can change.

I used Brooklands for a big service in April 2018 and my experience was great.

I then used them in January 2019 and noticed a marked slip in their desire to make me happy.

And when I called them in August 2019, their lack of helpfullness was so clear on the phone I immediately called another OPC.

And it's worth noting, I dealt with the same individual on every occasion, so it may be that his enthusiasm has waned or as has been suggested above, the new management isn't helping.

Hi all, happy new year.

Called them twice for a service and other work, never called back in time but when they did it was almost double of the indy I went to :dont know:

I've used Brooklands a couple of times in the past and they have been reasonable in price and service. Last month for the wife's Cayenne they quoted me near double of some other OPC and when I showed them the other quotes they were nonchalant.

boardingnath997 said:

Who's this new service manager with this frame of mind ?

Used them for my previous cayman and price was reasonable. Asked for another quote last week, their price is more than other London OPC. :nooo:

I have decided to use them for the service on my 981 coming up soon. OPC Reading were just taking the pi$$

I used them last year in October for a Major service on the Cayenne... its booked to go back in this month for some warranty work...should I look elsewhere?

mikeluke said:
I have decided to use them for the service on my 981 coming up soon. OPC Reading were just taking the pi$$

Were they :eek: thought about going there instead of Brooklands! Reading have fixed price servicing on their website for 991 C2, 8 years its £795 for service (inc plugs) plus £120 for brake fluid. Expensive versus an indie, but any views on that for an OPC?

baldguy said:
I used them last year in October for a Major service on the Cayenne... its booked to go back in this month for some warranty work...should I look elsewhere?

You'd hope warranty work would be fine, based on what others have said the attitude could be off compared to how it used to be, but complaints seems to be pricing and finding lots of extra work, which I guess they might try.

warranty work is not an issue as that's paid for via Porsche ..

Just be aware of the VHC check list of faults that will be " found " at the same time .. think twice there young man :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back