Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo hydraulic ram wiring removal ?

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
I have levered the micro switches out however didn't want to force the wiring at the top of the ram I am assuming this also levers out just thought I would see if anyone could shed any light on this , also what do you do with these once removed do you need to fit an aerokit harness ? I know you have to code it out also.

Attachments

• spoiler_wiring2_535.jpg
    spoiler_wiring2_535.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 1,573
  • spoilerwiring1_189.jpg
    spoilerwiring1_189.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,573
Why do you need to remove the micro switches ?

To remove them you don't lever them out , you lift off the plastic cover as you have done then undo the x2 screws .. no.1 in the image and lift out the switch pack from the base upwards.

Attachments

• switch_1_198.jpg
    switch_1_198.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 1,564
I removed them Ian as I dont know any better :D thanks for that looks straightforward enough :thumb:

lol .. ok .. The usual fault is a warning message on the dash .. this can be because the fluid has leaked out a bit and the ram doesn't go high enough to reach the top micro switch.

Hence removing this pack and looking into the hole when its fully extended will show you if the ram is low .

I am changing out the whole lid for a fixed aerokit which is why I'm stripping it out

Then leave the wiring alone, disconnect the plug/socket to the rear of the right side lamp unit within the engine bay, unbolt the hinges and job done. You don't need to touch anything else.

As above, there is a connector plug to the RHS of the engine compartment and you can just unbolt and remove the tailgate.

All good gents spoiler removed safely,and I see the connector on the right hand side, bit confused on whether I need to change this harness for an aerokit one which doesn't show on the turbo PET but is on the GT3/RS list or can you tape up the micro switches and just code it out ? I would probably prefer to fit the aero one as it would tidy everything up.

Attachments

• harness3_674.jpg
    harness3_674.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 1,421
If you are fitting a fixed wing spoiler then as far as i'm aware you unplug that loom and the connection is to the o/s/r of the air box .. ( right side facing it ) ..

You then need to code the car to fixed wing spoiler .

There isn't a loom on a fixed wing as it doesn't have a brake light in it .

Ian the aerokit rear spoiler still has the third brake light ,so as far as the loom goes I still need connections to third brake light,Fan and boot light.

Attachments

• aero_151.png
    aero_151.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 1,356

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back