Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Misting up rear lamps on 09 GTS

alan Laing

Silverstone
Who else has had the Issue of the Rear lamps misting up inside with
Water, you can actually see it running down the inside of the lens.

There isn't an inherent problem with these having water ingress that im aware of so its due diligence as to what is causing it ...

I Would start by lifting up the spare wheel / tool lid and making sure its dry in there .

Then remove and inspect the light unit .. the lens for cracks and separation basically .. if you can lift any part of the lens away from the backing then that's the problem or possibly a hairline crack in the lens .

Pop the lights out and remove the small rubber stickers. This will let the air circulate. I haven't had the issue since doing this a few years ago.

nigel99 said:
Pop the lights out and remove the small rubber stickers. This will let the air circulate. I haven't had the issue since doing this a few years ago.

I should mention that I had the issue on a 997.2, not a Cayenne, but I imagine that both being 2009 will have the similar stickers in place.

Thanks gents,

Boot and surrounding area all dry,

Removed the lamps last winter, dried them out over a couple of days. Then run sealant around the edge of the lamp I case they were coming apart.
Then refitted. Car only used Oct to March.
Run my 997 Turbo April to Sept.

Will have a look at the lamps again and see if I can find any Rubber stickers.
Fingers crossed.

I have the same issue, it looked to be coming in through the seal, as the rubber foam seal was very compressed, also could see a flat part of the light directly above a seal where water could collect and seep in, I put in some more foam seal, which stopped it being like a fish tank, but there is still heavy condensation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back