Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rattly Sunroof and which Sports exhaust?

Stoddy

Spa-Francorchamps
I'm totally in love with this car, every Drive, I get to know it a little bit more.
Met Chris Denning the other day, what a gentleman! I'm going to start a service plan with him in the new year.
Question, slightly rattily sunroof, any suggestions? And my near side driving light seems to have some condensation on the inside?? I haven't investigated yet but will after Christmas.
Really fancy a sports exhaust, so have been watching closely on the other thread. Are the Top gear switcheables easy to install? Also, really keen on a rear wing but all in good time I guess!

Looking forward to some Welsh road driving early in the new year for any South Wales/ Gloucester regional types!?

Ooh, Got some car shampoo too.

thumbsup :thumbs:

Attachments

• a0cf07f6_b4db_4577_bac1_7f64cf1b4836_180.jpeg
    a0cf07f6_b4db_4577_bac1_7f64cf1b4836_180.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 2,624
Chris Denning :?:

That name rings a bell with me ...

If he posts on PH and has an Iny in Wales then its a guy i have spoken to in the past .. he certainly knows his stuff thats for sure !

Sunroof rattle .. just try ( carefully ) lifting the inner lining at the back when it rattles .. this panel can cause noises and needs some loving with a bit of felt tape .

deMort said:
Chris Denning :?:

That name rings a bell with me ...

If he posts on PH and has an Iny in Wales then its a guy i have spoken to in the past .. he certainly knows his stuff thats for sure !

Sunroof rattle .. just try ( carefully ) lifting the inner lining at the back when it rattles .. this panel can cause noises and needs some loving with a bit of felt tape .

Ok, nice one. Do you do that when it's in the wedged open position
? As apposed to it being closed?

Many thanks.

Stoddy.

Ok, that's exactly it! How do I gain access to it?

Cheers,

Stoddy. :worship:

Hello Stoddy,

I had a rattle as well in the sunroof.
Appeared to be a loose rubber strip.

If you remove the rear part of the liner you can sea the strip
Hans

Attachments

• img_1677_bewerkt_174.jpg
    img_1677_bewerkt_174.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,395
Chris denning lovely bloke......nightmare to get stuff booked in with him,wanted stuff done by him a few times,had the old give me ur number I'll put it in the the book and give you a bell.......which never happened....problem is he's a one man band, sourced somebody else now, getting mine in for a service in the new year

double post

964hans said:
Hello Stoddy,

I had a rattle as well in the sunroof.
Appeared to be a loose rubber strip.

If you remove the rear part of the liner you can sea the strip
Hans

Cheers Hans,

I'll take a look when I'm back after Christmas. It's not the end of the world, but I do like a rattle free car. :thumbs:

Bet you've got some great roads in the Netherlands!?

Stoddy. :thumbs:

As per 964hans post first .. then i open the sunroof and apply fabric insulating tape ( used on wiring ) and put it on the roof where the inner panel touches .. it's kinda like jamming a bit of cardboard to raise it a bit but a little more professional lol .

deMort said:
As per 964hans post first .. then i open the sunroof and apply fabric insulating tape ( used on wiring ) and put it on the roof where the inner panel touches .. it's kinda like jamming a bit of cardboard to raise it a bit but a little more professional lol .

Nice one, heading back home tomorrow, so will have a proper look.
Thanks for the info!

Stoddy. :thumbs: :worship:

deMort said:
.. it's kinda like jamming a bit of cardboard to raise it a bit but a little more professional lol .

I've done it the non-professional way and that works too. :D

T8 said:
deMort said:
.. it's kinda like jamming a bit of cardboard to raise it a bit but a little more professional lol .

I've done it the non-professional way and that works too. :D

:) Sweet, my Wife swears by Blutack and cable ties! :floor:

Glad to see your still loving the car mate. Topgear are a site sponsor and offer 10% discount off the listed price to forum members . I had the TG valvetronic set up on my 997.1 a great dit of kit ,I did eventually combine if with the TG 200 cell big bore cats which was super loud on open but still quite acceptable on closed.the valved control can be wired into a PSE sport button on dash but I never bothered and used to control it off the fob that comes with it. Re the fitting if you dont want to do DIY look for your local powerflow or long life exhaust centre as they are linked to topgear and will know how to fit it. I actually drove to the TG HQ in Bridport Dorset for them to fit it .

Phil 997 said:
Glad to see your still loving the car mate. Topgear are a site sponsor and offer 10% discount off the listed price to forum members . I had the TG valvetronic set up on my 997.1 a great dit of kit ,I did eventually combine if with the TG 200 cell big bore cats which was super loud on open but still quite acceptable on closed.the valved control can be wired into a PSE sport button on dash but I never bothered and used to control it off the fob that comes with it. Re the fitting if you dont want to do DIY look for your local powerflow or long life exhaust centre as they are linked to topgear and will know how to fit it. I actually drove to the TG HQ in Bridport Dorset for them to fit it .

Still?STILL!!!!??? I haven't even started mate!
Firstly, HAPPY NEW YEAR and thanks again for your guidance re purchase of Rufus.
Deffo going for sports, and that sounds bang on from what you say.
Might even zip down your way to hear it first hand.
Nice one.

Stodd. 😝👍 :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back