Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve decided to expand on the GT3C theme. Just for fun.

Had a couple of Xmas Eve hours free this morning so had some GT3C fun.

Made a badge for the rear carpet. Admittedly I had to fit it to the (non GT3 option list) Bose subwoofer. The irony!

Made some tiny detail trim for the now exposed, unfinished edges of the rear wing. Much neater imo. Zoom in.

And made a couple of experimental decals for inside. Not sure on these yet but the badge & spoiler trims are keepers.

Any thoughts about the decals? Too much, or nice tie in with my invented new model.

Whilst on the decal front, where are you getting these done? Is there something on the market I can buy to do decals like the ones in the picture below. All the label printers I see have the background strip like the "ABS" one below. I just want the lettering like the "FIRE" for instance.
49268188503_3bfc15864f_c.jpg

Sorry. I only have black text over clear tape in my stock.

Happy to print out if you find a roll of white over clear tape.

John.

So. The GT3 style (rear wing) air intakes arrived this week. But they sent GRP ones instead of carbon fibre.

Carbon fibre ones now on their way.

Once I've made a template, I'll drill the spoiler and offer them both up and let you all know how they fit.

Not sure which ones I will fit tbh.

I quite like the idea of just painted ones (in my quest to make the car look GT3-ish (and it's a huge ISH)

But I've also seen some blend effects I saw at McLaren MSO this week where they blend colour over carbon so the weave is exposed but in low light, it looks painted. Quite neat.

Any thoughts?

Either way. I should have a spare set to dispose off if anyone has an aero kit wing and fancies some scoops. I'll cut a duplicate set of drilling templates when I make mine, just in case.

Oh. And I have a Spa track day problem. See my other post if you have any advice about their 103db testing process.

I like what your doing and think the GT3C is a good idea . As mentioned earlier in the thread I came up with "Edition 911sport" on my gen1 :thumb: its all personal and fun and as Ela says " *uck 'em" that don't like it . :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_275.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_275.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 3,370
  • 26614238205_93cb17c887_z_208.jpg
    26614238205_93cb17c887_z_208.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 3,370
Lent my car to a mate for the weekend. Collected it today. Finally took some daylight photos of the gurney strip.

Another angle.

So now I have GRP intakes and today the carbon fibre versions arrived. Oooooh they are lovely quality. Very impressed. Will make a template soon so I can drill my lower spoiler to accept them. Then we will discover how the fit against the concave surface.

Watch this space.

Thanks Diceman. DM coming your way.

C11BRA said:
So now I have GRP intakes and today the carbon fibre versions arrived. Oooooh they are lovely quality. Very impressed. Will make a template soon so I can drill my lower spoiler to accept them. Then we will discover how the fit against the concave surface.

Watch this space.

are you planning to change the air box/air collection set up?

a normal 3.6 carerra has a different set up to the mezger GT3 which gets benefit from the dual snorkels/air catcher and they are called ram air ducts and originally saw them on the 996 GT3 RS.

you would need to cut another hole in the engine lid and then channel the air in to maybe a fab speed air box which is dual entry

otherwise is just visual and tits on a bull really.

you only really get the benefit over 80mph/120kph.

Hi.

I had noticed that there was extra openings in the GT3 deck.

I'll explore where these line up with when I start the fitting process.

I don't need any more power so unlikely that I'll be spending £££ on intake boxes. I'm not a high speed freak so it will be a waste of time anyway.

I'll keep you updated.

C11BRA said:

Watch this space.

Ok, so with experiance i wouldnt reccomend you drilling anything on your gt3 spoiler cos it will not fit at all! You will have major trouble!!

Grind off the bolts under the carbon fibre air intakes so.it sits flush on the spoiler when it does you will then see what i mean.

When youve grinded the bolts off take pictures of what it would look like!!

Cheers

J

Yeah. I've have had a few people warn me about this.

But.

I'm going to see how it goes and make a decision at trial fitting time.

I'm planning on doing something a bit different with the finish which might give me the option to adjust the shape. I said might.

You will have full permission to say 'I told you so!"

-- 997 -- said:
C11BRA said:

Watch this space.

Ok, so with experiance i wouldnt reccomend you drilling anything on your gt3 spoiler cos it will not fit at all! You will have major trouble!!

Grind off the bolts under the carbon fibre air intakes so.it sits flush on the spoiler when it does you will then see what i mean.

When youve grinded the bolts off take pictures of what it would look like!!

Cheers

J

Exactly the issue i had.

Bought a pair, had them sprayed and had the screws ground off only to find the overall shape and figment of them was poor.

I managed to pack them out with double sided tape and get them to fit 'ok' but my OCD kicked-in and I just wasn't happy enough with them to leave them on the car..

At that point I was VERY glad to not have drilled holes in the deck lid, could have been a nightmare.

Now on the hunt for either a genuine GT3 decklid, or alternatively a genuine pair of scoops.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back